Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today's Nickname: Bad Attitude Erin

I had a terrible attitude problem during my session with ABD today. He took it like a champion.

Rather than dwell on the bad, here is the lifting (all 3 sets, 12 reps):

Hack Squats: 270 lbs, 320 lbs, 360 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions: 115 lbs, 120 lbs, 125 lbs
Standing Leg Curls: 25 lbs
Lying Leg Curls: 80 lbs
Seated High Row: 50 lbs (each side)
Incline BB Bench Press: 95 lbs, 105 lbs, 115 lbs (YES! I benched 115. No big deal.)
Close Grip Lat Pulldown: 55 lbs

Shoulder Superset:
Seated DB Side Raise
Seated DB Front Raise
Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes: all 7.5 lb DBs

Core Superset:
Clamshell Crunches: 10 reps
Plank: 15 second hold


A couple funny stories (despite my crazy-filled hour):

1) After the first set of the Seated High Row I attempted to whine/complain at Devon giving me 100 lbs to row when I typically do 60 lbs on the Seated Row and the Lat Pulldown. He is a big jerkface and I told him so. While resting I looked to my left and on the machine was the diagram of what muscles are worked and their names. I started to make my complaints specific:

Me: Devon! My trap-ee-zzzhus (trapezius) hurts.
Devon: *laughing* Really?
Me: Yes! And my rhomboids and my posterior deltoids.
Devon: *laughing but slightly confused* Is that so?
Me: Uh huh. And I don't even know what is going on with my lat-isssss-missss door-see....I mean door-sigh (latissimus dorsi)!!!
Devon: Latiss-I-mus dorsi?
Me: Um...(rechecking the diagram)...Yes.
Devon: *sees me check the diagram* Oh my! You were reading that?!?!? I thought you were actually learning something from me...
Me: *straight face* Nope.


2) I *might* have spoken the first few lines of 'All I Do is Win' to Devon to let him know how awesome I am in a deadpan voice. It went a little like this:

Devon, I am not sure if you know, but...All I do is win. Win. Win. *pause* No matter what. I got money on my mind. And I can never get enough. And...everytime I step up in the building, everybody's hands go UP (at which point I raised my hands up). *long pause* And they stay there.


Devon thought it was so funny he wanted to video tape it on his shiny, new iPhone. I refused. After all, I was a little attitude bucket. Also, I wasn't confident I could do it again without laughing. :)

Next workout: Cardio tomorrow! :)

P.S. Before Tom makes some facebook comment about Devon not getting paid enough, I apologized after the fact. I am not unreasonable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment