Friday, December 17, 2010

Lifting Friday & Preparation for August!!!!

It's Lifting Friday--arguably one of the more boring posts I make weekly as Fridays never involve ABD. It's so sad that most of my entertainment involves stories he's in... I need to make more friends. But that is neither here nor there. Onto the lifting!

Here it is:

Hack Squats x 3s x 10r @ 300lbs
DB Lunges x 3s x 10r @ 35lbs
Lying Leg Curls x 3s x 10r @ 75lbs
DB Deadlifts x 3s x 10r @ 40-45lbs (45 lb DBs)
Bent-over BB Rows x 3s x 10r @ 60 -70lbs (70 lb BB)
Seated Chest Flyes (Pec-Decks) x 3s x 10r @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Bi-angular Lat Pulldown x 3s x 10r @ 30lbs each side (30 lbs, 35 lbs, 37.5 lbs)
Cable Upright Rows x 3s x 10r @ 25-30lbs (30 lbs)
Floor Crunches x 3s x 15r @ BW
Supermans x 3s x 15r @ BW
Planks x 3s x 10r @ 5 second holds


Note a key point: Not *only* did I DOMINATE and do the high end of EVERY weight range assigned, I *also* upped the Bi-angular Lat Pulldown weight each set because I felt like I could handle more. This is a new thing for me--deviating from Devon's workouts when I feel I can do more. It's cool because Devon is either: 1) underestimating my ability; or 2) not paying close attention to my workout assignments. Either way I get to talk smack to him...so I like it. :)

After my workout, I (the swimmer) met up with my Irongirl Triathlon Relay Team: Debi (the runner) and Tracy (the biker)! It was our first meeting in person, although we had already met a bit via the internet. :) This makes me so excited for next August!!! But I have a lot of training to do!!!! I have the feeling this is going to be super fun and I may have some new workout buddies--my favorite!!!!

Next workout: cardio tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment