Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Friendless Streak is OVER!

Today I cardio-ed with AHH!!! My friendless streak is officially OVER!!!!! Yesssssss. Tomorrow I rest and on Monday... DEVON WILL BE BACK FROM VACATION!!!!

But back to today. I met Holly Holly waaaaaay too early for functioning (8am) and I did the assignment of 50 minutes on the elliptical--all in zone 2, going 5 minutes on ramp 5 and 5 minutes on ramp 20 and repeating. I did this...and a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down. I don't have stats because there was an...issue...with me accidentally hitting the wrong button for the cool down than frantically pressing many other buttons...much to Holly Holly's amusement. I burned close to 550 calories. Good enough for me! :)

For some reason, I still don't feel awake today. Holly Holly and I chatted during the workout, but I felt that I was not on my game...however, she was laughing and so was I, so it was probably normal. :) There was a news story on TV about how a camel *fell* off a nativity scene. Surprisingly, only one wise man was hurt (and only mildly at that). Here is an article about the incident.

So, later in the session this guy gets on a cross-trainer near us. He was wearing a black shirt. He got on the machine next to another gentleman in a red shirt. His cross-trainer was making clicking and mechanical problem type noises. AHH and I exchanged knowing glances. He maintained use of the clearly faulty cross-trainer. I made a quiet, cryptic comment about it and Holly asked if *I* would get off of a machine in the middle and have it affect my stats. I, of course, would not, HOWEVER, I did the other day when I was on a Step-Mill that was clicking. As I told AHH, I did *NOT* want to be thrown into the lobby. She laughed at my irrational fear. (You may have to know the layout of my gym to understand...).

Holly said that she saw the whole camel situation playing out here and she feared for "Red Shirt". I started laughing thinking of the poor wise man. Before I could come up with a witty comment, AHH beat me to it with, "Run, wise man, run!" And that is why she is *Awesome* Holly Holly.

Surprisingly, the clicking went away after about 10 minutes of it. Maybe 15 minutes later, it came back...with a vengeance. It made a couple sounds that were as loud as gunshots. He stopped. Hopped off. Looked at it confused. THEN GOT BACK ON. ???????? Really?!?! It's Saturday morning, the gym is lightly attended. There are like 15 other cross-trainers to use. I shot AHH a 'REALLY?!?!' look. She mumbled, "Engineer." :)

Next workout: Friend-lifting Monday with Devon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment