Monday, December 6, 2010

Friend-less Lifting

Devon's on vacation! And so friend lifting Monday turned into friend-less lifting Monday. :(

I decided I would suck it up and push myself hard like I do when I lift with ABD. And I rocked it!!!

The lifting:

Back Squats-Smith Machine x 3s x 10r @ 115lbs
Seated Leg Extensions x 3s x 10r @ 105lbs
Deadlifts x 3s x 10r @ 115 lbs
Lying Leg Curls x 3s x 10r @ 85 lbs
Seated Cable Row x 3s x 10r @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Flat Barbell Bench Press-Smith Machine x 3s x 10r @ 80-90lbs (90 lbs)
Lat Pulldowns x 3s x 10r @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Seated Shoulder Press-Machine x 3s x 10r @ 35-45lbs (45 lbs)
Standing Cable Bar Biceps Curls x 3s x 10r @ 25-35lbs (35 lbs)
Standing Cable Triceps Pushdowns x 3s x 10r @ 25-35lbs (35 lbs)

Check me out. I did all of the heaviest weights!!!! I pushed myself. WIN!

Also! I talked to a stranger today. I think he knows Devon somehow and they do the man-head-nod-hello thing a lot when Devon and I are friend lifting. Today he asked me if I was flying solo. We got to chit-chatting (about the 405 lbs he was squatting!!! Sweet mother!) and I even learned his name. See? I can talk to strangers successfully occasionally. I am very proud of myself. I didn't even insult him accidentally like the last stranger I tried to talk to in Man-Land.

I decided that I would not call/text/email Devon while he is on vacation. But I had to email him today because I need to move my appointment for next week (through no fault of my own). So I did. My 'respect Devon's vacation contact ban' lasted a whole day. :( I don't anticipate breaking it again. But no promises, ABD. ;)

Next workout: running alone in the gym tomorrow (my 'girls' are sick and/or crazy-busy with the church Christmas musical). :(

No comments:

Post a Comment