Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Pre-Holiday Lifting

Today was my last lifting day before HOLIDAY LIFTING on Christmas Eve. And, yes fans, there was a Christmas Miracle.

Devon sent me the LONGEST lifting set ever. You may not have noticed, but my lifting as of late has been of the form:

Leg: quads or hams
Leg: the other leg muscle (quads or hams)
Leg: the first leg muscle again
Leg: the other leg muscle again
Back: rhomboids & rear delts
Chest
Back: lats
Shoulders


Sometimes that's it. Other times, Devon adds:

Arms: biceps
Arms: triceps


OR

Core (2-3 exercises).


TODAY, Devon assigned the regular full body set, with TWO shoulders exercises, arms (biceps & triceps) AND 2 core exercises! AND AND AND all were 4 sets of 8 reps each (except core). I would have been there FOREVER (4 + EVA for the younger generation).

I saw Devon at the training desk and told him I was on a time crunch (I had a lot to do tonight). I asked him if he could get rid of some of them. AND HE DID! WHAT!?!?! Devon?!?!? WHO ARE YOU?!?!? It can only be explained as a Christmas Miracle. :)

The lifting:

Legs, Quads: Squat Press x 4s x 8r @ 375-400lbs (400 lbs)
Legs, Hams: Kneeling Leg Curls x 4s x 8r @ 60-65lbs (65 lbs each leg)
Back, Rhomboids & Rear Delts: Bent-over BB Rows x 4s x 8r @ 55-65lbs (65 lb BB)
Chest: Flat DB Flyes x 4s x 8r @ 15-20lbs (20 lb DBs)
Back, Lats: Close-Grip Lat Pulldowns x 4s x 8r @ 65-70lbs (70 lbs)
Shoulders: Standing DB Shoulder Press x 4s x 8r @ 25lbs
Core, Abs: Hanging Leg Raises x 3s x 15r @ bw
Core, Lower Back: Hyperextension x 3s x 15r @ bw


I won't be working out tomorrow, but I'll be lifting on Christmas Eve!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment