Monday, December 20, 2010

The Erin Version of the "Man-Grunt" Debuts

Friend Lifting Monday was a decent workout and all in all a good time. However, for the first time, it wasn't AWESOME! I told Devon part-way through he needed to step up his game because I wasn't having as much fun as normal. He didn't seem to care. I then told him that every hero falls off of the pedestal we mere mortals place them on. He laughed. And (not that it had anything to do with me or what I said) the rest of the session was more fun. Turns out Devon took off his vacation week, lifted with me last Monday and then NOTHING until today. Of course he was not into it and on his game. He was totally slacking!!! AND he says he is going to continue until the new year!!! What a slacker! I may do that too, except not with the working out--with the diet. :D

The lifting (all 4 sets, 8 reps each--except core):

BB Squats: 135, 145, 145, 155
Lying Leg Curls: 90, 90, 90, 100
Seated Row: 70
BB Bench Press: 115
Lat Pulldowns: 70
Standing Military Press: 65
SB Crunches: 3 sets, 15 reps
Wheelie Pikes: 3 sets, 10 reps
Core Cable Pulse: 2 sets, 20 reps each side, 12.5 lbs
Core Cable Press: 2 sets, 20 reps each side, 17.5 lbs


Soooo, I know you are *DYING* to read about my version of a 'man-grunt'--I would be if I started reading this post... So, to take a step back, I am not a very interesting person to watch lift. My various hospital stays have shown me that I internalize pain. I am not a screamer. I sometime complain, but not often. I am of the "deal with it and smile" variety, usually, not always. This translates to my lifting. One time 1FL commented that it was so easy for me when she was watching me on the squat press. No, it's not that it's 'easy', it's that I have a game face on. I don't grunt (until recently). I don't typically snarl (although sometimes). I breathe steadily and kick some serious behind. That's just how I roll.

Anyways, today during the wheelie pikes, I was having a time! If you are not familiar, you are in the push up position, but your feet are on a wheelie board. You then wheel them in keeping your legs straight until your bum is way up in the air, then wheel back down. During the last set, at about rep #8, I let out a 'whewee' involuntarily that made Devon 'ROFL'. Apparently, according to Devon, it sounded like a pigeon cooing. Yes, the Erin-Grunt is more appropriately called, the 'Erin-Coo". Picture it...it *is* hilarious. You're welcome.

Taking tomorrow off (offday = TRO!!!). Next workout is lifting Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment