Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Need to Start My Days With AHH More Often!

This morning I met Awesome Holly Holly at the gym to do some cardio!

Sidebar: AHH has been DOMINATING her healthy lifestyle efforts, not only attaining the goal of not doing "too much damage" over Thanksgiving that us mere mortals set for ourselves--but losing weight!!!! She is my food hero. :)

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical, all in zone 2 doing intervals of 3minutes at ramp elevation 5 followed by 2 minutes at ramp elevation 20. It FLEW by with all the great conversation!

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 608.4 (Elliptical)/603 (HR Monitor)
Time: 59:00
Strides: 8350
Ending HR: 127


AHH had to go home and do important things, so I said goodbye and went off to have an incredibly productive morning!

I:

1) Went to the Home Depot and bought a new snow shovel (mine cracked during "SNOmgsh! It's SNOWmageddon" last February). Extra points for me not waiting until the last minute and have to settle for whatever the mobs haven't already scooped up. When I got to the snow shovel section there was a man there holding a shovel and staring intensely at the rest of the section. I asked him if he'd figured out which one was the best. He explained why he was fairly confident he would purchase the one in his hand making an excellent case for it. I pick an identical one up, smiled at him and said, "Thanks for doing all the research! I'll get one too!" He laughed and told me that it took him over ten minutes and I was welcome. :)

2) Went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought two basketballs for my team to practice with. Basketballs were originally ~$40, on sale for $16.99 AND I had a $10 off coach's coupon. WIN! I also FINALLY signed up for the Dick's Scorecard (their rewards card). I buy enough stuff there, it just made sense. Not sure why I put things like these off for so long!

3) Got gas. As I was driving away there was a man who was dressed quite frumpily, with scraggy, crazy hair smoking a pipe. I must have been staring (unknowingly) as I drove by because he made eye contact with me and gave me a little salute. I should go out on Saturday mornings more often!!!

4) Raked up and bagged all the hay on my front lawn that was covering the new grass seed.

5) Reattached the gutter pipe thing that fell down. (::shaking my fist in the air at the neighbor kids who most likely hit it was a basketball again::)


I was a machine. This all happened before noon. :)

Tomorrow is a rest day!!! Next workout: lifting on Monday. Alone. Devon is on vacation. I am hoping to push myself the way I do when he is there so I can tell him how tough I was and he can be a proud trainer...

No comments:

Post a Comment