Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Cardio--StepMill Style

Today I did 50 minutes on the Step-Mill. I received pre-authorization from Devon to skip the heart rate monitor and attempt to stay in zone 2 by feeling. Sometimes I just need a break from all the gizmos and gadgets and like to work out 'free'. It's nice.

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 479.5 (Step-Mill)
Time: 50:00
Distance: 3.37 miles
Floors Climbed: 161
Average Pace: 51 steps per minute


Also, before I worked out, Devon and I had a mini-meeting while he was cooling down and stretching from his workout. We are going to change things up a little. You see (as I told Devon it is through no fault of his own) my ABD sessions are not working for me. They are not productive. For some reason I am super-woman during friend lifting on Mondays. I am ready, motivated, always pushing myself, always focused. On Wednesdays, I am whiny, snippy with Devon and negative. I am sure it is because on Mondays I have the fear that it could go away. If I tried to pull my Wednesday crap on a Monday, Friend-Lifting Mondays would simply cease to exist. Also, working out with Devon has similar affects to running with someone faster than you--you run faster. Working out with Devon makes me work out harder/better. I see him. I study his form. I ask relevant questions based on what I see him do and I learn and grow from it. To contrast this, on Wednesdays, I pull a whole bunch of crap because I know that *I* and paying *him*. If I want to waste a session, that's ok. He won't stop getting paid (well, he probably would, but it would take a lot). It's a terrible attitude to have, but no matter how I try to counter it, it ends up happening.

Devon thinks I may be exhausted/overtired/worn down and just need a break. Unfortunately, with my surgery approaching rapidly, I don't really have that luxury. But I suggested something that Devon seemed to really think is a great idea. :) I have two sessions in each January and February booked with Devon. We are going to move them to either Tuesdays or Thursdays and instead of Devon watching me lift, we will flavor it up cardio-lly. This could be anything from another boxing session to outdoor fitness boot camp to high reps/light weights for cardio. We even talked about taking one session to learn how to *really* strecth properly and use the styrofoam rollers for muscle massaging.

I think this is a great idea. I have been lifting with Devon for a year now. I know the basics. He no longer needs to watch my form for safety, etc. Since we lift together on Mondays, I have one lifting session a week where I can push the weights heavier and have a spotter. I am excited about this... :)

Next session: lifting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment