Saturday, December 25, 2010

Not Every Workout is a Good Workout

And today's was not! Eating too much food then working out stinks!!!! But I did it, well...most of it. I couldn't fathom doing the core exercises...I would have vomited for sure. But I did the rest. I felt like terd. I thought I could have fallen asleep during *every* rest period, I wanted it to be over *every* time I thought about it, I thought about it often. But...for those who seek inspiration from these (not-always-so) humble posts, I want to point out that I still challenged myself by (successfully) attempting the heavier end of every weight range. RAWR.

The lifting:

45 Degree Leg Presses x 4s x 8r @ 350-375lbs (375 lbs)
Barbell Deadlifts x 4s x 8r @ 115-135 lbs (135 lbs. RAWR.)
Seated Cable Row x 4s x 8r @ 60lbs
Flat DB Press x 4s x 8r @ 25-30lbs (30 lb DBs)
Pull-ups x 4s x 8r @ 80lbs or less (82 lbs--there is no 80 lbs)
Seated Machine Shoulder Press x 4s x 8r x 40-50lbs (50 lbs)
Cable Biceps Curls x 4s x 8r @ 25-35lbs (35 lbs)
Dumbbell Triceps Kickbacks x 4s x 8r @ 15-20lbs (20 lbs DBs)
Core Exercises I Did Not Do:
V-Ups x 3s x 15r (try them)
Hyperextensions with hands above your head x 3s x 15r


Blah. I did them. I did not let my form falter in my blah-ocity because that is just dangerous. But I didn't like it. I was a Grumplestiltzkin for sure. My back is still sore from my deep tissue massage on Friday morning. This could not have helped my bad workout. I tried to be sensitive to that and treat my back well. Hope it feels better soon! At times like this I wish I had someone to rub my back for me...consider this an open invitation!!! :)

Apparently on Christmas, couple like to go lifting together. I am typically not an outwardly bitter person about people who have significant others even though I don't, but today they were plain obnoxious. One couple, the man continued to bear hug the woman form behind during EVERY rest period. Really??? I mean, I've never worked out with a male loved one, but I am not sure I would want to be bear hugged from behind for my few moments of precious rest--but hey, maybe I would. I'll have to request this from Devon. (Before you all freak out--I'm joking, nerds.)

There was another couple where the guy was a total gym poser. First, they got there in the middle of my first exercise and left during my pull-ups. I don't work out for *that* long, so theirs was certainly an express workout. The guy kept telling the girl what to do, not in a teaching way, but in a super condescending way. She was a pretty fit woman, she clearly knew what she was doing. Anyways, he was using the cable crossover machine, lifting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much weight and let the weight plates slam down quite quickly and in quite a loud crash. I was doing pull-ups. I heard someone behind me say, "Sir, please respect the weight machines." I smiled on the inside and wondered what staff member was trolling the weight floor on Christmas. Then the woman laughed hysterically--it was his little girlfriend--and they made out.

Finally--and this was actually amusing to me--there were two couples in the stretching area. Both of the men were on mats and both of the women were on stability balls. The men were doing core exercises. The woman were sitting on the balls doing nothing. Continued analysis (read: creepy watching out of the corner of my eye) showed the two couples were not together.

Guess I need to find me a man, go to the gym with him on major holidays, let him talk down to me, annoy everyone else and then watch him do core exercises. Hmm...maybe not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment