Monday, November 29, 2010

Friend Lifting Monday

Today was a friend lifting day with Devon. It was great to catch up with him and show him my black eye!!!

It's small, but I am still quite proud. There is the actual story how I got it and the cool, fabricated story (which ends with something like "You should see the other guy!" or "And she'll never try *that* again..."). The actual story is that I am a horrible, horrible skier (even though Meagan is so very sweet and will tell us otherwise). It's not that I don't have the technique, it is that I am terrified of going to fast and hurting myself. So when I get up to speed, I try to stop too fast and fall. No matter how many times Meagan & Ryan coached me on how to fall on my side, I almost *ALWAYS* fell forward onto my face. :) The first time my goggles actually flew off of my head. I know, impressive. One of these many times, my face landed on my arm and so my goggles gave me a black eye. :) What can I say? I go hard or I go home...

A bunch of the trainers asked if Devon gave me the black eye. I told them that if my big, strong trainer had given me a black eye it would be much worse than this. Devon enjoyed laughing and making comments about me "learning to stay in line..." Hilarious, Devon.

So, back to the lifting. Here it is (all 3 sets of 12 reps each, weight varied at times):

SM Front Squats: 85 lbs
DB Walking Lunges: 30 lb DBs, 35 lb DBs, 40 lb DBs
Cable Pull-Throughs: 35 lbs, 45lbs, 55lbs
Seated Leg Curls: 120 lbs, 130 lbs, 140 lbs
Seated Row: 60 lbs, 65 lbs, 70 lbs
Pec-Decks: 50 lbs, 60 lbs, 70 lbs
Cable Straight-Arm Pulldowns: 35 lbs
Seated DB Shoulder Press: 25 lb DBs


In all the cases where the weight increased each set it's because Devon increased his weight each set and for some reason I feel the need to compete with his intensity. However, after the 3rd set of walking lunges he laid down on the ground. I offered to fan him off and get him a dress. :) He claimed he was dizzy. He was using 50 lb DBs. Not unreasonable, sir...

I then found my friend, Stephanie, who was on a treadmill and talked to her for a very long time...and it was awesome! On the way out, she saw a friend she made in Zumba named Angela who is on a weight loss journey similar to mine (I shall call her ZAA: Zumba Angie Angela)!!! Angela wants to read my blog! Welcome, ZAA!!! I am SO excited!!! I hope that you have all the success you hope for!!!

Next workout: running with the girls tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for talking me through my cardio workout. I was almost ready to give up at 14% incline and you inspired me! You will inspire thousands - I am just happy to be among the first! I shall call you - GO-ON-A-WHIM, aka, Gorgeous, Outstanding, Openly Nurturing & Affirming Woman wHo Inspires Me. Love you! Stephanie
    p.s. - I never even noticed the black eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet! You just made my night, lady... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan commented (on Google Buzz) but I had to share it here:

    My favorite fall was when you landed on your stomach. Both of your skis behind you and your poles out to the side. When I came over to see how you were the only thing that came to mind was "Erin I hate to tell you this but you need to fix your Beanie". Keep in mind people that she never complained about falling and only hoped to have all of her equipment on as poles, skis, goggles and Beanies would fly off regularly. One time I brought her ski over to her and she looked up at me and said, " Man I thought I still had those on" ! You're Awesome Corman!

    ReplyDelete