Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Painful Side Effect of Surgery: Longer Recovery

I had an ABD session today! Thankfully, he recognized that I was in pain from Monday's lifting session and Tuesday's 3 mile run, so he was merciful. Don't get me wrong: I worked. It hurt. but he *was* merciful.

The lifting (all 12 reps, 3 sets):

BB Back Squats: 135 lbs
Hack Squats: 230 lbs
Lying Leg Curls: 50 lbs
Standing Leg Curls: 25 lbs each leg
Incline DB Flyes: 15 lb DBs
Cable Cross-Overs: 12.5 lbs each side
Lat Pulldown: 60 lbs
Seated Row: 40 lbs
Rope Upright Rows: 22.5 lbs


My quads were particularly painful. Earlier I had told Devon that I seriously contemplating sleeping on my couch last night because raising my leg on each stair hurt so bad. I asked if that was a result of taking 3 weeks off. He said a little bit was that, but more so it is the body-building lifting set. Apparently the same thing happened to him last week. Since I did take the 3 weeks off, my recovery time lengthened so my muscles were slightly more sore than they would have been otherwise.

For the chest flyes, Devon told me to get 15 lb dumbbells. Now, I *had* been using 25s. On Monday, I eased back to 20s. I reminded Devon that I used 20s on Monday. He laughed and said to get the 15s. I did one flye and felt the PAIN. OH MY it hurt so bad! Devon thought my pain was hilarious and asked if I was happy with the choice of the 15 lb dumbbells. I was. I was *very* happy.

Also, today I bought Devon his Thanks-for-being-an-awesome-trainer-and-always-going-WAAAAAAAAAAY-above-and-beyond-for-me gift/Christmas tip. I was super excited to get it for him and he was so happy! I love making people happy! However, when I met him at the mall, HE WAS EATING FIVE GUYS! What a horrible example. And a big jerkface for eating Five Guys in front of me. For serious, Devon...

Next workout: tomorrow. Some sort of cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment