Monday, November 8, 2010

"WHAT?!?! 'Vomit' is a Number."

Aaaaaaaaaaaand...SHE'S BACK! I won't lie, lifting today was rough. But reasonable. No alarming space-where-my-gall-bladder-used-to-be pain. All in all, I'd declare it a success!

It's Monday, so I came back in full force: friend lifting with Devon! Devon is doing a body-building routine (and no, he is not competing. I asked if it was because he was afraid to parade around in his underwear on stage. He said no, he would go everywhere in his underwear if it was socially acceptable. Ew.). This means a few things:

1) The workouts SUCK. Man, it was rough today. Devon agreed. I think he hated every exercise we did.
2) He lifts 4 days a week. Every other day he works the front of his body (push muscles) and the back (push muscles). Today was a 'push' day.
3) Because of #2, my routine will be: "Push" on Mondays, Whole body on Wednesdays and "Pull" on Fridays.


The lifting:

Seated Leg Extensions: 100 lbs, 20 reps, 3 sets; 15 reps, 1 set
45° Leg Press: 360 lbs, 15 reps, 4 sets
Incline Chest Press: 95 lbs, 8 reps, 3 sets
Assisted Dips for Chest: 1 @ Body Weight (to prove to Devon I could--he doubted me--it hurt bad but I hid the pain), 55 lbs assistance, 12 reps; 70 lbs assistance, 12 reps, 2 sets
Flat DB Chest Flyes: 20 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Standing Military Press: 50 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
DB Side Raises: 7.5 lb DBs, 8 reps, 3 sets
Rear Delt Flyes: 50 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Triceps Pushdowns: 32.5 lbs, 10 reps, 4 sets


It was so good to be back at the gym! And I have some stories:

1) All of the exercises had reps ranges. For example, the Seated Leg Extensions were 15-20 reps. Devon did 20 for the first 3 sets but could only do 15 for the last. I did the same. Then on the 45° Leg Press, he did 12-15 reps. The first 3 sets he did 15 and the last one he did 12. The pattern had been set. We got to the Incline Chest Press and on the second (out of three) set I told him he HAD to do the full 8 (it was 6-8 reps sets). When he asked why I told him it was because there was a pattern. He got all mocking and said: "8-6-6 is a pattern! So is 8-6-VOMIT. WHAT!?!? 'Vomit' is a number!!!!!!" Apparently Devon got close to losing his lunch last week. Much to my dismay, he did not vomit this week either.

2) This story is actually from last week, but I left it out of the blog. I had sent Devon a copy of my Halloween costume photo asking him what he thought of "Skinny Ursula". I then mused that I hoped he had seen "The Little Mermaid". He responded that it *was* a Skinny Ursula (!) and that OF COURSE he had seen "The Little Mermaid" after all, he *is* a Disney movie junkie. Wait. WHAT???!?!? This made my day. I think it's hilarious. My big, strong, beefy trainer...LOVES...Disney movies. Wowsas. So I replied with my favorite three: "The Little Mermaid", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aladdin", not necessarily in that order. He replied "Finding Nemo", "WALL-E" and "Monsters, Inc." in that order. I love it. I left it off of the blog because I didn't want to publicly mock his very...bizarre...interest. I told him this today and he said to write it because he is *proud* of it. I told him that he never stops surprising me! he has "layers"...like an onion. Devon chastised me for referencing Shrek--NOT a Disney movie. Serious business to my trainer, I guess... Oh the t-shirts I will make...

Next workout: running with Amy tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment