Monday, November 22, 2010

"I Have Bad Communication Skills"

Today was friend lifting with Devon. These are usually "push" days. I was excited because Salt n Pepa's "Push It" came on the radio--how appropriate. :) Then when I met up with Devon he said that we were doing a full body workout because he had missed a day or something. This works out well for me as I won't be able to do a "pull" workout in NH. So...full body it was.

The lifting:

45° Leg Press: 360 lbs, 10 reps; 450 lbs, 10 reps; 540 lbs, 10 reps
Seated Leg Extensions: 105 lbs, 10 reps; 110 lbs, 10 reps; 115 lbs 10 reps
BB Deadlifts: 145 lbs, 10 reps, 2 sets; 165 lbs, 5 reps (previous max = 135 lbs... No big deal.)
Lying Leg Curls: 85 lbs, 10 reps; 90 lbs, 10 reps; 95 lbs, 10 reps
T-Bar Rows: 45 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets
BB Chest Press: 95 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets
Assisted Pull-Ups: 3 sets, 10 reps, somewhere around 80 lbs assistance--not really sure
Seated Machine Shoulder Press: 50 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets


I will pay for this tomorrow. I am already in pain. :( But worked-out-really-hard pain. So it's a good thing. :)

While talking about our shortcomings today (not sure how it came up--but it did), Devon said: "I have bad communication skills." Shocker. I am glad he admits it. ::grin:: Another excellent quote from Devon today was: "Stop touching yourself and lift the weights." There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, but I think it is waaaaaaaaay more amusing to leave it as it is.

Next workout: cardio tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment