Friday, November 26, 2010

Wicked Awesome NH Workouts!

Since I have been in New Hampshire for the Thanksgiving holiday, I have completed two athletic feats...ok, two workouts, but whatever...you get the idea. Tomorrow, there will be more...

Me, Ryan and Meagan drove up on Wednesday and had a blast! We rocked out in the car, ate at a super back woods Dairy Queen and rolled into my mom's house close to midnight. We got up bright and early to do the Bridgewater NH Turkey Trot!!!! What's that? You havew never heard of this turkey trot??? Well, that could be because you don't live in NH, or because you don't run races, but most likely it is because it is NOWHERE to be found on the Internet, my mom heard about it from someone, you should up at one of two locations (if not one, try the other), sign a memo pad to register and drop a donation of any amount you want in a bucket. No race bibs, no timing chips, no official start or finish line. Heck, the race wasn't even 3.1 miles...it was a circle they like to run around that happens to be 3.8 miles. But we did get t-shirts. And they are kind of awesome!!! I love po-dunk New Hampshire... And Ryan and Meagan do too!!!

I then ate lots of turkey and spent fun times with friends and family. My mom and I were musing that it was one of the best thanksgivings ever (but missing a few key family members to make it THE best one...). Yum.

This morning, we awoke bright and early and went Black Friday shopping all morning and early afternoon. Crowds weren't too bad because we were in NH, but there were some long lines. I believe this should count as endurance cardio. I'm just sayin'. I did get an amazing workout shirt from the Nike store that says: Strong. Beautiful. Me. :)

Today, Devon wrote me an in home workout. In theory they should be easier because there are no real weights involved...yet he still makes them hurt real bad.

The routine:

Prisoner Squats x 3s x 20r (hands behind head)
Reverse to Forward Lunges x 3s x 15r (hands behind head)
Goodmornings x 3s x 20r (hands behind head)
Single Leg Floor Bridges 3s x 20r
Floor Cobras x 3s x 20r
Push-ups x 3s x 15r
Lying Overhead Weighted Pullover x 3s x 15r (find something heavy that you can hold with both hands) (We used a 15 lb DB.
Single Arm Weighted Front Raise / Side Raise Combo x 3s x 15r (find something heavy that you can hold with one hand, raise it up to the front, keep it up and bring it out to the side, then lower it to your side, pause and reverse the directions) (We did 1 set with an 8 lb DB, then the other 2 with a 5 lb DB.)


Ryan did my workout with me at 9pm. I *really* did not want to do it, but I know how mad Devon would be if he wrote me a workout and I didn't do it. He has threatened to stop writing workouts if I ever do that... So I manned up and did it and Ryan was gracious enough to man up with me. However, Ryan was hurting a little (not too much--he is a MAN) and actually cursed Devon's name. Welcome to my world, sir. Ryan was totally impressed with my ease in rocking the push ups and the shoulder hell at the end. Made my night. ;)

My mom is totally cooking for me like the amazing woman that she is, so I will probably gain a little this trip--but it is totally worth it. I *am* sticking to the pie deal Devon and I made, so that is a win.

Next workout: SKIING tomorrow! I expect muscle fatigue and intense muscle pain...and possibly a sprained or broken bone. Oh, and I also expect a wicked fun day! Live free or die, man, live free or die. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment