Saturday, November 20, 2010

Scary Baltimore Doesn't Hold a Candle to Scary Pittsburgh

I went to Pittsburgh with Amy and Meagan last night! Amy needed to go pick up some furniture. Meagan brought her truck. I used my free night at the Omni William Penn and we were off!!!! If only I knew what was in store...

My first trip to Pittsburgh was this past August when a strange elderly couple walked into my hotel room whilst I was napping as the hotel had issued them a key to my room. I filled out my survey accordingly (::grin::) and was given a coupon for a free night. Strike #1, Pittsburgh.

Amy, who loves Pittsburgh, insisted on taking me up there to show me 'the Good Pittsburgh' and redeem it. I had no idea that I was in for "Light Up Night" which draws approximately one half million people into the city. There are lots of cool things about Light Up Night: a huge creche with a nativity scene, ice carving and sculptures, food vendors, free stuff and fireworks!!! That part was great. Additionally, the night brought a fight between teenagers at Moe's Southwest Grill (who has amazing queso, btw), random hair extensions that had presumably been ripped out of someone's hair (in two distinct locations) and a group fight outside of out hotel room window (ultimately broken up by the police). On the way to dinner we passed through a crazy area where the police were showing up in mass--on foot, on motorcycles, with K9s, etc... Teenager hooligans were screaming. I jokingly said that Justin Bieber must be in town. Turns out there were riots all night, nearly 50 people arrested and a shooting occurred RIGHT WHERE WE WERE like 15 minutes after we walked through!!!! OH PITTSBURGH!!! Strike #s 2 & 3. Yes, two strikes. Because it has just got to be OUT. (Sorry, Amy.)

In spit of all of this trauma (and much more I didn't list!), I did lift. Meagan lifted with me and Amy did cardio. Here was the lifting:

DB Deadlifts x 4s x 10r @ 45lbs
Single Leg Lying Leg Curls x 3s x 15r @ 35-40lbs (37.5 lbs)
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns x 3s x 15r @ 50-60lbs (50 lbs)
Seated Rows x 3s x 12r @ 40-50lbs (50 lbs)
One DB Bent-over Rows x 4s x 8r @ 35-40lbs (35 lb DBs)
Seated Machine Biceps Curls x 4s x 10r @ 40-50lbs (42.5 lbs)
Standing DB Hammer Curls x 4s x 8r @ 15-20lbs (20 lb DBs)


This is Meagan lifting very intensely...


Or making a face for the camera. You decide. :)

Tomorrow Devon is giving me, Amy and Amanda F. a lesson in basketball for our upcoming coaching debut. I may do cardio too. Who knows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment