Monday, November 15, 2010

Pushed It. Pushed It Real Good.

This push/pull workout splits is fun. I like working only some of the muscles in a sitting. Also, the push/pull puns and song lyrics NEVER get old in my head (see the title of this post).

Here is the lifting for today's PUSH workout:

LEGS: QUADS
SM Squats: 105 lbs, 4 sets, 8 reps
Seated Leg Press: 200 lbs, 2 sets, 20 reps
Seated Leg Extensions: 90 lbs, 2 sets, 20 reps

CHEST
Flat DB Chest Flyes: 20 lb DBs, 4 sets, 10 reps
Incline DB Press: 30 lb DBs, 3 sets, 10 reps; 35 lb DBs, 1 set, 10 reps
Incline DB Flyes: 20 lb DBs, 3 sets, 12 reps

SHOULDERS
Seated BB Shoulder Press: 55 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps
Cable Upright Rows: 27.5 lbs, 3 sets, 20 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 50 lbs, 4 sets, 8 reps

ARMS: TRICEPS
Reverse Grip Cable Triceps Pushdowns: 27.5 lbs, 3 sets, 8 reps; 32.5 lbs, 1 set, 8 reps
Bench Dips: Body Weight, 3 sets, 20 reps


Oh. My. Pain. This workout was lengthy and painful. But also good! I felt pretty great through most of it--which is good considering how awfully I've been eating! :)

I still love friend lifting with Devon! I wasn't sure if it would get old or boring or not fun. So far so good. I challenge myself more when I lift with him. Also, my attitude is way better (probably because I fear that if I am not working my absolute best and stay focused he'll drop our friend lifting sessions like a bad habit!!!!). I can be so whiny during the paid sessions, but am always so hard core during friend lifting!

Also, I like to...encourage...Devon during his lifting. My trainer's not-so-deep, not-so-dark secret is that he HATES weight lifting. Every aspect of it. Every second of it. I make comments like, 'That was good!' and he gives me the "Girl, you crazy" face and says how awful it was. I ask him why he lifts and he said it is because he likes to have a muscular body. Fair enough. Anyways, he sometimes says things like, "I'm only doing 5 reps this set," when he is *supposed* to do 10. This happened on the Incline DB Press today. I told him he *was* doing 10 reps. He spouted off something about me not understanding science and muscle failure. I told him that I had THOUGHT I was lifting with my big beefy trainer and not the pansy standing in front of me and talking about not trying to do all 10 reps. :) He made a valiant effort and did 7. I applaud him. After all, he did more than he said he would and was using 70 lb DBs!!!!!

Next workout running with Amy tomorrow!!! And maybe Meagan too!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment