Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wait...How Many Minutes on the Step-Mill?!?!?

So, after my *amazing* 10K performance last Saturday, I texted ABD and asked him if I was now 'tall and short at the same time'. He replied no, but I am doing very well and *joked* that it was time to make the workouts harder. Or so I thought he was joking. I guess I do not understand ABD's humor. After a hard session with him yesterday and my muscles still reminding me of it every time I move, laugh, breathe, etc..., he sent me the following assignment:

Cardio: Step Mill 60 min (Z2 5 min, Z3 5 min)

Core:
Weighted Decline Bench Crunches 3s x 20r @ 15-20lbs (I used a 15 lb DB.)
Machine Torso Twist 3s x 15r each side @ 70-75lbs (ABD switched this out, see below.)
Lying Leg Scissors 3s x 15r (like lying leg raises but with alternating legs)
Plank on Stability Ball 3s x 15r @ 5 sec hold ( wedge the ball against a wall and rest your forearms against it. Perform the exercise like you normally would on the floor)
Supermans 3s x 15r

Cool-down: 10 min


When I read this workout, the following text conversation happened (a small bit of background to make it make sense: ABD had not emailed me my workout by the time I left work, so I texted him with exclamation points and he responded that he was writing it and to relax.):

Me: Are you for real? What did I do?
ABD: What do you mean?
Me: That workout... And it's crap-tastic-ocity.
ABD: It's wonderful.
Me: No really. Am I being punished? Because I texted you in a panic? Was the session bad yesterday??
ABD: Why does it have to be something bad if you get a challenging workout?
Me: Because I hate the stepmill. And you know that...


Oh, ABD. I love how he is (almost) always the professional voice of reason. He makes an excellent point. Yet, I always default to (mildly) crazy. Once I looked at it as a challenging workout, I put my game face on and rocked it. And 60 minutes on the step-mill--where I still do not *LIKE* it--was not so bad.

Step-Mill Stats:

Calories Burned: 563 (Step-Mill)/572 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 4.65
Floors Climbed: 223 (<---yowsas!)
Total Time: 60:00


Then I headed over to do my core exercises. I ended up doing the weighted decline bench presses and machine torso twists last because they were occupied. Devon told me that I could lower the bench to a smaller decline. I had no idea it was adjustable. I no longer feel that decline bench presses are from the devil. Maybe they are from some place like New Jersey (Oh snap!). Even with the added 15 pounds, they really weren't so bad. I then went to the torso twist machines and they were all taken, so I stood there waiting. Devon saw me and came over and told me to follow him. I thought he was taking me to a secret torso twist machine, but instead he took me to the cable thingy-doo and showed me how to do something similar with it. I ended up doing 22.5 pounds each side. ABD sat there and chatted with me the whole 3 sets (10 reps each side).

Hmm... What is this? A personal trainer spending his lunch break with a client showing her a new exercise and chatting and laughing with her?!?!? If that is not favorite client treatment, I just don't know what is. I <3 you, too, ABD... I <3 you, too...

Next workouts: Friday--run 8 miles with Amy (and maybe Kiley) in the am, lift in the pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment