Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Entertainment for Devon's Clients...

...today was not the first time that I was lifting in the vicinity of ABD and another client (I know, he has other clients?!?! Who knew...?) and I do something wrong, or need help, or something, and they both get a good chuckle out of it. Well, I do aim to please. Today I went to do the Cable Side Raises and it's only 7.5 lbs, but hard for me, but it was *really* hard. Devon looked, laughed and pointed at the weights. There were two 2.5 lb free weights on the stack. Awesome. I added 5 lbs. :) I quickly remedied THAT.

The lifting:

Squat Press x 3s x 12r @ 270lbs
Dumbbell Step-Ups 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (Use the plyo-box or build a step using the steppers) (I used 25 lb DBs)

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 80-90lbs (I did 85 lbs)
Barbell Front Squats x 3s x 12r @ 50lbs (hold the barbell in front of you and flip it up so that it's up near your chin/collar bone, like a biceps curl only with your palms facing away from you. Hold it there and do all 12 squats)

Inclined Dumbbell Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 22.5lbs
Flat Dumbbell Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 22.5lbs

Wide Grip Pull-ups x 3s x 12r @ 80lbs
Reverse Grip Barbell Rows x 3s x 12r @ 50-60lbs (I used a 60 lb BB)

Standing Cable Shoulder Press x 3s x 12r @ 12.5-17.5lbs (I did 12.5 lbs)
One Arm Cable Side Raises 3s x 12r @ 7.5-12.5lbs (I did 7.5 lbs)

Seated Inclined Dumbbell Curls x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (recline a bench 2 or 3 settings from being straight up) (I used 17.5 lb DBs)
Bench Dips x 3s x 12r (same as before but this time put your feet up on another bench or a plyo-box)

Hanging Bicycles x 3s x 20r (On a Roman Chair bring your knees up towards your chest one at a time in a cycling motion. Each pair counts as one)
Stability Ball Crunches x 3s x 20r


Next workout: tomorrow! 60 minutes of zone 2 on the elliptical. What joy. What bliss... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment