Thursday, March 11, 2010

Departing: CRAZYVILLE, Destination: Anywhere.

Ah, my faithful blog readers. Sometimes, I am sure you read this blog and think: 'Why, Erin is *so* awesome... I mean, she is witty and beautiful and smart and...well, the list could just go on. How is it that she is still single???' ...And then a week like this comes up. And it all makes sense. :)

I am happy to say that I have officially left Crazyville. I don't handle conflict and uncertainty well. But ABD and I have reconciled. And I actually kind of like him again...at least a little bit. I will be booking with him for more sessions.

As for today's assignment...well, Devon did not email me one. I made one up! I decided to shoot for the assignment from last Friday (7 min z3, 3 min z4 for 40 minutes, then 20 min z1 cooldown). But this did not happen, because halfway through I thought I was going to be sick...must have been all the crap I ate yesterday. So, here is what I *did* do:

5 minutes warm up
7 minutes zone 3 (jogging)
3 minutes zone 4 (running)
7 minutes zone 3 (jogging)
3 minutes zone 4 (running)
5 minutes zone 3 (jogging)
25 minutes zone 2 (walking at an incline)


My Stats:

Calories Burned: 565 (Treadmill)/505 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.94
Total Time: 55:00
Ending Heart Rate: 142 (but I did not cool down)


When I was done, I had an email from Devon and I saw him so I asked if we could have a talk. I was still pretty mad at this point and honestly not excited about booking with him or starting with someone else. The talk was good. Some high points included him telling me that he *did*, in fact, like me. When I told him I didn't believe him he told me to 'ask my friend, Lynn'. (She is so happy he knows who she is! She occasionally chats him up about me and my training--she is the president of my fan club and an *excellent* one at that!) I really didn't know what I wanted to do. After a bit of discussion he said something that I liked to hear. I told him that he has the training down and that is what I am paying for, but I *need* to like coming and feel like it is fun for both of us. He said that we are 'evolving together'. There is some hope that he will learn better how to handle me after this trip down Crazy Lane. He called Tuesday's session a hissy fit. It was. :) Also, I asked him if I broke his patience when he man-handled me on Tuesday. He grinned and said it was the closest he's ever come to losing his patience. I believe him that he didn't actually lose it because I currently have no broken bones (except maybe my toe, but I don't think it is actually broken and even so it was not because of his hand).

So. I am meeting with him tomorrow to sign the paperwork and book sessions. We are both toying with the idea of going weekly for an hour each week instead of bi-weekly. It will cost a lot more, but the theory I have behind it is that I will spend the money I have set aside for this to bust out the last 23 pounds. Then, when I run out of money I will be in maintenance mode... Will let you know what I decide tomorrow...

Next workout: tomorrow, lifting. ABD has assured me he will have a plan ready for me. (BTW, the reason he did not give me one today is because I hadn't booked any more sessions so if he wasn't getting paid, he wasn't working. Cold, ABD...cold...)

No comments:

Post a Comment