Friday, March 19, 2010

Gym Not Worth $15, Working Out Was...

I went to lift at the Westwood LA Fitness today. The day pass was $15 (!!!!!) which I do not mind paying for the ability to maintain my instense lifting regimen. However, it made me appreciate Lifetime all the more! They don't provide lockers or towels, which I expected. The gym is not 24 hours. It opened at 5am, and I arrived at 5:30. It was a MESS! The free weights were all over the place. I had to hunt to find any set I needed. The machines were in 3 different locations and not really organized by anything--for example, the leg press. Was it by the leg curls and leg extensions? Nope. Hmm...maybe bye the incline leg press and squat press. Nopers. OH! *There* it is! By the... LAT PULLDOWNS...? Naturally... Also, there was actual trash all over the floor and on a lot of machines... It opened THIRTY minutes prior...when DO they clean it??? Also, the machines rarely had 5 pound increments...most were 15 and no free weights to stack for the interval. ALSO! The stability balls were totally deflated... ::sigh::

Enough complaining... Onto the lifting:

Seated Leg Press 3s x 12r @ 150lbs (I think this is conservative but I don't
know what type of equipment they have) (I did one set @ 150lbs, one @ 170
and one @190)
Seated Leg Extension 3s x 12r @ 90-100lbs (I did 90
lbs.)
Lying Leg Curls 3s x 12r @ 70-80lbs (I did 70 lbs.)
Flat
Dumbbell Press 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (I used 25 lb dumbbells.)
Push-ups 3s
x 12r (FULL! No more modified for me.)
Seated Cable Row 3s x 12r
@50-60lbs (Man-land style) (I did 60 lbs.)
Assisted Pull-ups 3s x 12r @80lbs
or less (I did 120 lbs, BUT I started at 75 lbs and it was like nothing...this
machine was whacked. ::grin::)
Seated Machine Shoulder Press 3s x 12r
@40-50lbs (I did 50 lbs...but this machine was also whacked...it wasn't
hard)
Barbell Upright Rows 3s x 12r @40-50lbs (I used a 50 lb
barbell.)
Seated Machine Biceps Curls 3s x 12r @35-45lbs (I did 35
lbs.)
Seated Machine Triceps Extensions 3s x 12r @ 35-45lbs (I did 35
lbs.)
Stability Ball Crunches 3s x 20r

But, *despite* all of this! I worked out! I got it in! The $15 was worth that if nothing else... :)

Tomorrow is a rest day! Sunday is lifting back at Lifetime, sweet Lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment