Sunday, March 28, 2010

Off Day Offerings: Tribute to an Amazing Woman

In this post I'd like to give a shout out to my friend, and inspiration, Andrea. She completed her 5th marathon in about a year today and she did it with such grace and style! Her marathons:

National Marathon: March 21, 2009 (D.C.)
Marine Corp Marathon: October 25, 2009 (D.C.)
Richmond Marathon: November 14, 2009 (Virginia)
B & A Trail Marathon: March 7, 2010 (Maryland)
Ocean Drive Marathon
: March 28, 2010 (New Jersey)


Yes! FIVE marathons in FOUR states in FIFTY-THREE weeks! Some may call her fit, some may call her crazy...I call her amazingly awesome!

In addition to rocking these marathons she also participates in 5Ks and other smaller races. But, even more amazingly, she inspires so many others to do it too! One year ago, while Andrea was basking in the glow of completing her first marathon, I would have never dreamed that I would run...at all. But I started on my journey in April 2009 and she talked me into signing up for the Marine Corp Marathon 10K in October. It seemed so far away, and in her words: 'Anyone can *walk* 6.2 miles.' So I signed up. But then in June, she talked me into a 5K in Bel Air. And then one in Baltimore. And, well, the rest is history. :)

I love Andrea and am so proud of her! But more so, I am so grateful for her God-given gift of extorting, er..uh...I mean, encouraging others to do more than they ever believed they were capable of... Love you, friend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment