Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"You've Been Reduced to Crawling."

Oh, Blog Readers! Today was a normal session--not amazingly awesome, not bad at all. But ABD did have me laughing a bit. I'll begin with the workout, then tell the funny stories... (gotta build the suspense to keep you reading...). Also, I scheduled another CardioPoint assessment with Liz on Sunday, Apr 4. This will give me an updated set of zones for cardio. Fun, fun...

The Workout (all supersets):

BB Squats: 110 lbs, 10 reps; 120 lbs, 10 reps; 130 lbs, 10 reps
Statue of Liberty Lunges: 20 lb DB, 10 reps each leg, 3 sets

Good Mornings: 60 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets (nothing 'good' about these)
Single Leg 45° Leg Press: 110 lbs, 10 reps each leg, 3 sets

Cable Cross Overs: 30 lbs, 10 reps, 3sets
Stand Cable Press: 40 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets

T-Bar Row: 45 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets
DB Pull-Over: 35 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets

Cable Front Raises: 10 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets
Cable Bent-Over Side Raises: 10 lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets

Leg Raise to Knee-ups: BW, 12 reps, 3 sets
V-Ups: BW, 12 reps, 3 sets


Ugh. It was a rough workout. Last week's seemed harder...but not by much at all! Ok. Funny stories as promised:

1) ABD and I were discussing dates and what defines a date. ABD contends that if you eat a meal together and alone, it is a date. I told him that unless the guy pays, it's not a date. He disagreed. I told him that to *me* it was not a date unless he paid. ABD grinned in mockery and said, "It's a lonely world out there..." Zing! I informed ABD that I was fine not settling for a guy who can't treat me like a lady because (and I'll quote here): "I have my trainer for entertainment." Now...you may be as shocked as Devon was--with your jaw dropped in disbelief. But please, allow me to explain what I was thinking. I did *not* think that that would sound like I was implying something inappropriate. I was thinking that I was ok being single with the rich friendships and laughter in my life... Yes, I turned red. Bright red...

2) During the last set (the core workout--which apparently has no rest periods...ABD informed me today), I was in pain. It was rough. I actually made a few grunt-like noises which I have NEVER done working out before. I had to slide up and down the mat between the two exercises. I found that shimmying was too slow for ABD's taste and getting up and walking was not an option due to my present energy level--so I crawled. Which cracked ABD up. He thought it was HI-larious and said (between laughter): "You've been reduced to crawling!??!?" Yes, Devon. Congratulations, sir. I asked him if he was trying to kill me and he said that if he was I'd be dead already. Duly noted.

3) So, some of you may recall that last week during the core set, ABD commented on my pale, pasty white legs. Well, I have been all upset about this all week. He has given me a complex. This week I had to do the same exercise and my lovely white legs were showing again. However, this time he did not comment on their brightness. No, this time he stared inquisitively and asked me if one of my calves was bigger than the other then wondered aloud how that was possible. Yes, I have spent some time evaluating this claim and I think my left calf is bigger than my right one. Thanks, ABD. Anything else you'd like to point out for me to obsess over???

4) I asked ABD why he could have carbs for dinner and I couldn't. He said it was because he was an ectomorph and I am an endomorph. I asked him what that even means. He laughed and told me to look it up. I did, Devon. Oh, I did. This website lays it out. Some traits:

The ECTOMORPH

* Definitive "Hard Gainer"
* Delicate Built Body
* Flat Chest
* Fragile
* Lean
* Lightly Muscled
* Small Shouldered
* Takes Longer to Gain Muscle
* Thin

THE ENDOMORPH

* Soft Body
* Underdeveloped Muscles
* Round Physique
* Weight Loss is Difficult
* Gains Muscle Easily Like the Mesomorph


So. I think it is clear to everyone that ABD called me fat. He will be hearing about this. Interestingly enough, the description goes on to say that "the arms and legs of the extreme endomorph are short in length and taper." I have been saying my arms and legs are abnormally short for quite some time now and no one has agreed with me...That's all I'm saying...

Next workout: tomorrow. Some sort of cardio with my friend Kellie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment