Saturday, March 27, 2010

Once Again, I am Amazing.

Today. Was. Awesome! I set out to hopefully beat my PR from the only other 10K that I have done, the Marine Corp Marathon 10K last October: 1:22:25.

Well...I not only beat it, I CRUSHED IT!!!! Several very exciting things happened today:

1) I ran the entire 6.2 miles!!!! Prior to today I had not run an entire 5K since I started training last April.
2) I ran sub-10 minute miles!!!! On the treadmill at the gym I typically run a 12-minute mile.
3) I finished in 1:00:45!!!! Wow. Just wow.
4) As a result of #1-3, I *finally* feel like I can call myself a runner. Without feeling the need to explain that I am a 'slow' runner or that I 'interval' the races. I am a runner. And a pretty good one at that. ;)


So, needless to say, today was awesome!!! My average pace was 9:48. That is crazy. I honestly cannot believe that I did that. Clearly my watch and the race chip timers are all wrong. Or...I am amazing!!!

Next workout: possibly tomorrow if I get back in time to lift, if not Monday morning run with the girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment