Sunday, March 14, 2010

Friends & Family Weekend!!!

This weekend was a friends & family weekend at Lifetime! They have them once a month, but don't advertise until right before. You can bring guests in without using one of your guest passes! Amy came with me for my workout today! I *LOVE* working out with Amy. If *you* want to be invited next time Lifetime has one, let me know. I'll give you a head's up when I find out!

For today's workout I had asked ABD if I could swim a half mile. I knew this would not be enough so I asked if he would give me something on a cardio machine, then assign swimming. He gave me:

Cardio: Stepmill 30 min (Z2) then swimming


Step-mill?!?! Yuck. And for 30 minutes?!?! Double yuck. I thought the good news was the zone 2 part. You see, in the past ZTT had assigned 15 minutes on the step-mill at level 4. This brought my heart rate up between zones 2 and 3. Well, I guess the real 'good' news is that I am much healthier and fitter because I had to be at level 6 and 7 to stay in zone 2!!! What this means in layman's terms is: I had to work harder. So...this is good, I guess? Also, the 30 minutes wasn't really that bad (I know ABD knows about this blog, but here's to hoping he's not reading this...). I may not mind the step-mill so much anymore. ::tear:: I've come so far ::sniffle:: I'm all grown up... ::sob::

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 284 (step-mill)/257 (HR monitor)
Miles: 2.24
Floors: 107
Time: 30:00
Ending HR: 122


Then, I gathered Amy from the weights section (she was beefing up) and we went to swim laps. I did 16 laps (one half mile) and improved upon my time from the informal indoor sprint triathlon by 45 seconds! I PR-ed! The breakdown:

Laps 1 & 2: 3:12 (I must not have hit the lap button hard enough...)
Lap 3: BS, 1:42
Lap 4: BS, 1:43
Lap 5: EB, 1:55
Lap 6: EB, 2:05
Lap 7: BS, 1:29
Lap 8: BS, 1:38
Lap 9: EB, 2:07
Lap 10: EB, 2:04
Lap 11: BS, 1:33
Lap 12: BS, 1:38
Lap 13: BS, 1:43
Lap 14: EB, 2:04
Lap 15: BS, 1:33
Lap 16: BS, 1:39

Total time: 28:12


My breast stroke is getting much faster! *Very* happy about this!!! After the swimming, Amy and I spent some time in the hot tub. My *favorite* part of all my swimming workouts!

Next workouts tomorrow: Sole Sister run in the morning, session with ABD in the evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment