Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lifted Today

Today was a lifting day. Again, I didn't see that they were pairings. So I did them individually... The lifting assignment was:

Barbell Back Squats x 3s x 12r @ 75-85lbs (Use the Smith Machine. The bar ways about 15lbs) (I did 75 lbs.)
Dumbbell Step-Ups 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (Use the plyo-box or build a step using the steppers) (I used 25 lb dumbbells.)
Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 80-90lbs (I did 90 lbs.)
Reverse Dumbbell Lunge x 3s x 12r @ 35-40lbs (Step backwards, then back forward to a standing position. No walk involved) (I used 35 lb dumbbells. *Very* difficult to hold for that long...)
Inclined Dumbbell Press x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs(I used 25 lb dumbbells.)
Flat Dumbbell Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (I used 15 lb dumbbells.)
Wide Grip Pulldowns x 3s x 12r @ 50-60lbs (hand slightly wider than you would normally have them) (I did 50 lbs.)
Close Grip Pulldowns x 3s x 12r @ 50-60lbs (use the v-grip handle) (I did 50 lbs.)
Barbell Front Raises x 3s x 12r @ 30-40lbs (I used a 30 lb barbell.)
Rear Delt Flyes x 3s x 12r @ (the weight will depend on which machine you use, but start at 50lbs and adjust accordingly) (I did 50 lbs.)
Seated Inclined Dumbbell Curls x 3s x 12r @ 15-20lbs (recline a bench 2 or 3 settings from being straight up) (I used 17.5 lb dumbbells.)
Bench Dips x 3s x 12r (flatten the bench and place your hands on the bench such that the bench is behind you and your fingers are pointed forward. Lower your butt towards the by bending your elbows. Try to keep your elbows in tight and don't let them flare out)
Hanging Bicycles x 3s x 20r (On a Roman Chair bring your knees up towards your chest one at a time in a cycling motion. Each pair counts as one)


Good workout! Tough, but doable.

Next workout: running tomorrow in LA! Then lifting at LA Fitness... Then Saturday is a rest day. I won't be blogging until I return. I miss you already. ::sob::

No comments:

Post a Comment