Thursday, April 1, 2010

Off Day Offerings: Crazy Cravings

While chatting about my current diet with Tom A. I mentioned that I am a protein addict. I stinkin' love the stuff. My energy level is RIDICULOUS. Crazy ridiculous. I feel great! I get so much done. I love protein--LOVE. IT. And it is getting to the point where I am a bit concerned.

I have two different food days that I alternate between. One has 5 meals and the other has 6 meals. I like them both for different reasons. I love the almonds for dinner on the 5 meal day. And I love my lunch that day too. But the 6 meal day--oh, the 6 meal day...there is so much to love about it. My baked sweet potato is so tasty! And I love my raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing. But what do I love the most? My egg whites. YUM.

You see, on the 6 meal days, that 6th meal sometimes comes a little later--around 7:30 or 8:30 pm. It is a 4 egg white omelet with peppers in it. Yesterday I was scheduled to eat it at 8:15. At 8:10 I realized it was time to go cook it up and I got a little giddy with excitement. It seemed like a treat. I'd already had 5 meals--bonus meal time! It was an emotion that I had experienced many times before--for example, while anticipating eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream with melted peanut butter on top and whipped cream (the spray can kind) and chocolate sprinkles. Yes, that is correct. I get excited for EGG WHITES the same way I got excited for ICE CREAM.

I agree: it's weird. But it is what it is. I now crave protein instead of sweets. I suppose I should be happy about this... But it just seems so wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment