Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Glad I Shaved My Legs This Morning...

Today was an ABD Day!!! Which means a weigh-in day!!! Which lately means weight loss awesomeness!!!! THREE MORE POUNDS! A total of NINETY (90)!!!!! I am 11 pounds away from my goal--E-LEV-EN!!! I can taste it!!!

Also, ABD approved an only slightly modified Chipotle Burrito for Thursday since I am running 10 miles Friday (no rice or corn--but EVERYTHING else! Yes, steak, beans, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and the tortilla! YUM.)

Here is the lifting routine:

Front Squats: 85 lbs, 8 reps; 95 lbs, 8 reps; 105 lbs, 8 reps; 115 lbs, 8 reps
BB Lunges: 85 lbs, 8 reps; 95 lbs, 8 reps; 105 lbs, 8 reps; 115 lbs, 8 reps

Waiter's Bow: 35 lbs, 8 reps, 4 sets
Kneeling Leg Curls: 60 lbs each leg, 8 reps, 4 sets

Cable Crossovers: 17.5 lbs each side, 8 reps, 4 sets
Neutral Grip DB Chest Press: 35 lb DBs, 8 reps, 4 sets

Chin-ups: BW*, 8 reps, 4 sets *Devon assisted
Bent Over BB Rows: 70 lbs, 8 reps 4 sets

Seated BB Press: 40 lbs, 8 reps, 4 sets
Standing BB Curls: 40 lbs, 8 reps, 4 sets
Seated French Press: 40 lbs, 8 reps, 4 sets


Great workout! And I saw one of my bosses there. He was on a guest pass with a friend. Nothing like seeing your boss while in workout clothes and your hair in bad pig tails... :) Speaking of pig tails, ABD actually commented to make fun of my hair. I told him that it was too short to go back in one ponytail. He said only 6-year-olds can wear pig tails--not grown adult women. :( He then went on a rant about grown women wearing plastic little girl barrettes. I don't do that. I am now self-conscious about my hair... But then again, ABD hates my running skirt and *I* love it..so does his opinion really matter??? He does support my new running tank and commented on my flexing photos saying that I look ridiculous but he is proud of my muscles!!!!!! Of course he is--they are amazing. :) Speaking of amazing, I introduced Devon to the nickname for myself: Double Shot of Deliciousness. He loves it. :)

The chin-ups were man-style! That means I did not use the kneeling assistance pad thing. But I did not do them on my own. It will be a day of celebration when I do. ABD was hugging my calves and assisting me in the chin-ups. As I told Devon, I am very glad I decided to shave my legs this morning...for his sake. :)

I went back to the doctor this morning for a follow-up. My blood pressure is even lower!!! 94/58! She has asked that I 'use salt liberally'. Ok... Will do... (I *LOVE* being fit and healthy!!!!)

Next workout: tomorrow! Base builder. Here's to hoping I don't get sick this time!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can tell ABD that *I also* wear pigtails when I teach spin b/c my hair gets in my face otherwise. He should not be a hater just because he is not as ~adorable~ as we are working out.

    Maybe if he did try pigtails, he'd get more people telling him that he looks H-O-T-T like they do for the *Double Shot of Deliciousness*!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete