Friday, April 2, 2010

"You Should Have an Ego About This."

Oh, blog fans, prepare to be dazzled and amazed by my incredible feats of athleticism and stamina. Prepare.

Today I kicked workout butt not ONCE, but TWICE. The schedule for today was a leisurely 8 mile run at 6 am with my girl, Amy, then after work, an intense lifting routine from ABD. How did this scary day of multiple workouts get scheduled you ask? Well, I was supposed to lift Thursday night, but my aunt, uncle and cousins were in town in D.C., so I *had* to go have dinner with them on Thursday night (it was super fun and totally worth this crazy workout day)...soooooooo, I moved the lifting from Thursday to Friday. Now, some astute readers may be thinking: 'Silly, Erin. Just make Thursday your rest day for the week.' Well, I would, but due to my CardioPoint test scheduled for Sunday, I have a forced day of rest on Saturday. And I just cannot have *TWO* rest days...that would be re-donk-ulous. Enough explanation...

I will begin with the running. Amy and I met at 6 am!!! Yuck! We searched www.mapmyrun.com for a really flat-ish course and found a great 4.5 mile loop in Ellicott City. I set out to do 8 miles and Amy had to do 6. The math-nerd in me figured out that we could do the loop once, then go out .75 miles and Amy could turn back, and in 1.75 miles, I'd turn back and we'd both get our distances! Love it! We had an awesome time running and I accidentally overshot my distance and went 8.2 miles! I am a machine! Amy rocked her run and ran all 6 miles. I ran all 8.2! What really floors me is that according to my heart rate monitor, I never went into zone 4! I actually did most of the run in zones 2 and 3. That is complete craziness. When I was telling ABD about this I was genuinely shocked that I never went into zone 4 and was asking if that was awesome, but clarified that I was not trying to be cocky, for real I was in awe. He said: 'You *should* have an ego about this.' I think that may be one of the nicest things Devon has ever said to me. :) Here are some stats from my awesome GPS watch:

Total Distance: 8.20 miles
Total Time: 1:35:13
Calories Burned: 1053 (!!!)
Average Pace: 11:37
Average HR: 152 (zone 2!!!)


Funny story from the run. We were about 3 miles in and chugging along and I hear Amy yell out in offense: "Yes we *are* going faster than 0 miles per hour!!!" I had no idea what she was talking about until I looked up and saw there was one of those speed signs where it gives your current speed. Apparently it thought we were going 0 mph. We were going at *least* 5 mph... We had a good chuckle. :)

Moving on to my SECOND workout of the day. I had asked ABD if he could take it easy on me with the lifting since I was running 8 miles this morning. Nope...no he can't. And I don't think I'd want anything less. Here is the damage:

Back Squats 3s x 10r @ 115lbs (Smith Machine)
Deadlifts 3s x 10r @ 95lbs
T-Bar Row 3s x 10r @ 35lbs
Bench Press 3s x 10r @ 85lbs (Smith Machine)
Lat Pulldown 3s x 10r @ 60lbs
Seated Shoulder Press 3s x 10r @ 65lbs (Smith Machine)
Machine Biceps Curls 3s x 10r @ 40-50lbs (I did 40 lbs.)
Machine Triceps Extension 3s x 10r @ 50-60lbs (I did 50 lbs.)


The weights were pretty heavy. The chest press was hard. The seated shoulder press was hard. The deadlifts and squats weren't *too* bad, but not easy.

In summary, I look forward to my day off tomorrow. :)

Next workout: Sunday, lifting after my CardioPoint test with Hard-Core Liz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment