Friday, April 9, 2010

I Wouldn't Believe It...But I Had Witnesses...

10.2 miles today!!!! Ran the whole thing--crazy Centennial Lane hills and all!!!! Went with Amy, Kiley and Amanda J.!!!! I have to say, I think that the four of us make an excellent running group. Fah-serious.

About 5 miles in Amanda picked up a soggy tennis ball from the side of the road and played with it. She bounced it, kicked it, threw it in the air, bent over and picked it up again and again and again--WHILE RUNNING. She crazy, that Amanda!!!! She claims it was 'good entertainment'...I choose not to take offense to that statement. :) She is my hero. She hadn't run in 4 weeks and picked up 10 with us today!

Amy and Kiley at one point complimented my calves. Made. My. Morning! I love my muscular legs and it was so great that someone else noticed! It made me think how far I've come. Last October I followed Amanda J., MT and Andrea on a bike for 20 miles thinking I could not even run one full mile without panting and walking and admiring *their* calves. What a long way I have come!!!

The route:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=186127081906446239


My stats:

Distance: 10.20 miles
Time: 1:58:52
Average Pace: 11:39
Average Speed: 5.1 mph
Max Speed: 7.7 mph
Calories: 1316!!!!
Average HR: 163


Great run! Tomorrow, I rest! :) Next workout: Sunday, lifting at the gym with Amanda J.!

Seriously, thanks to Amy, Kiley and Amanda! GREAT run!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment