Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"You Might Actually Have Triceps!"

Yes, devoted blog fans. The day has finally come where ABD admitted that I have hulky man muscles! But I get ahead of myself. Lifting first, fun stories second. That's how I do. The lifting was stepped up again today, ::sigh::--5 sets, 6 reps each. Every time sets go up and reps go down, weight goes up.

Here's the damage (all supersets):

Seated Leg Extensions: 100 lbs, 6 reps; 105 lbs, 6 reps; 110 lbs, 6 reps; 115 lbs, 6 reps, 2 sets
Walking DB Lunges: 45 lb DBs, 6 reps, 5 sets

Lying Leg Curls 1-1-2: 55 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets
DB Squats to Calf Raise: 50 lb DBs, 6 reps, 5 sets

BB Bench Press Wide: 95 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets
Diamond Push Ups: BW, 6 reps, 5 sets

Reverse Grip Horiz. Body Row: BW, 6 reps, 5 sets
Pull-Ups: BW, 6 reps, 5 sets *Devon assisted

Seat BB Shoulder Press: 85 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets
Seat DB Curls: 20 lb DBs, 6 reps, 5 sets
Seat Overhead DB Triceps Ext: 20 lb DBs, 6 reps, 5 sets


Some notes. Again on the pull ups ABD was lifting me for assistance. Again I am glad I shaved my legs. :) Also, I would like to explain that 'Lying Leg Curls 1-1-2' means right leg only, left leg only, both legs = ONE REP. All at the heavy weight. It hurt. But I am a maniac.

Ok. Fun story time!!!

1) In the beginning of our session ABD made some crack at me for talking too much. So I got silent. He told me I would get over it in precisely two minutes. I made it a good 4 or 5. :) He *really* wanted to hear my funny stories from this past week (which I had given him teasers about--I'm not joking here, it was *killing* him that I wasn't talking...). I enjoyed messing with him.

2) Upon me telling him most of my funny stories (which will not be typed out for internet history), he was laughing very hard and told me that I was crazy, but he wasn't going to turn me in because he loves hearing about the nonsense! I love that ABD loves my crazy. :)

3) Part of my funny stories involved the following. I finally got a man to arm wrestle me. And I totally lost. But then this girl wanted to arm wrestle me. AND I DOMINATED. ABD was proud. As he should be.

4) Part of the threat of "there will be hell to pay" made by ABD was about a nutrition choice I did not ask him about. I told him that I don't see what the big deal was. He got all whiny and mentioned that I text him about *everything* including if I could have coffee at 9pm on a Saturday night. It's true I do. I told him that he always makes fun of me for it. He got all sad and said, "Yeah. It just making fun of you. I'd like to be informed..." I laughed at him and told him he was being a woman. He laughed and agreed. I told him that that made my day. :)

5) While doing push-ups, I finished and was standing up when ABD exclaimed, "! You might actually have triceps!" My heart grew two sizes bigger.

6) (Warning: slightly inappropriate!) At one point, Devon decided that I did not know about the birds and the bees and offered to lecture me on it--if I needed it. I rolled my eyes at him. Later, while doing the diamond push-ups he told me that I need to put my hands under my chest. I smiled at him and asked if that was part of my birds and bees lesson. He got very embarrassed. :)


On a not funny story note. I had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in 70 lbs (I love measuring time in weight lost!). We were talking about how I still feel overweight and he was saying I'm not. I asked Devon about it. I asked him if I was still fat or if I have fat girl syndrome (the condition where a recently fat girl who is no longer still thinks she is). He told me I am not fat and it is the syndrome. I asked him how I fix that. He said time and building my confidence. I need to work on that... But the positive feedback was great!

Also, I asked him if he considered this workout to be the 'hell' I was to 'pay'. He said no. He said because I lost weight (one pound!) he did not bring the pain. If I hadn't, he was fully prepared to. Phew...

Next workout tomorrow. I will not be doing the base builder since I am tapering for the half marathon. ABD will be giving me less intense cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment