Monday, April 5, 2010

'Gradual Build' Gradually BLOWS

Today was a double workout day, YAY! First an *outdoor* Sole Sisters Run in the morning, then my very first 'Gradual Build' workout in the evening.

Soles Sisters Run first! Kiley, Julie and Karen met me at our new outdoor location to run this morning. Luther could not join us do to his unwillingness to get into Karen's minivan. She'll work on this for next week--everyone needs some cute puppy time in their life... We ran for about 50 minutes and went about 3.5 miles. I forgot my GPS watch (::frown::) so I had to guesstimate.

Today was my first attempt at the 'Gradual Build' workout that HCL suggested I do every Monday night. It looks so simple and almost easy on the surface:

The entire workout is at a speed of 3.5 mph on the treadmill. I do the following inclines for 5 minutes each: 2.0%, 4.0%, 6.0%, 8.0%, 10.0%, 12.0%, 14.0%, 9.0%.


I'm not sure if it is because it was my second workout today, or because Lynn told me that she does hers at like 3.0 or 3.2 mph and HCL told Lynn that she herself does not go higher than 3.2, but MAN! it was more work than I thought. I was sweating so much. And toward the end (at 12.0% and 14.0%) I was huffin' AND puffin'. But I did it. Because I AM A MACHINE. :)

Stats:

Calories Burned: 398 (Treadmill)/ 325 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.33
Time: 40:00
Ending HR: 157 (recall, I ended at a 9.0% incline)


Next workout tomorrow with ABD! He will get to wear the tshirt I made him. I will be taking photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment