Monday, April 12, 2010

Sole Sisters Run - 4/12/10 & Gradual Build

Sole Sisters Run this morning...AND I remembered my GPS watch!!! Amy, Holly, Vivian and Karen all came out this morning... Kiley overslept (Yes, girl...I am publicly shaming you...)! She was missed... The stats:

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 35:00
Average Pace: 11:41
Average HR: 139
Calories Burned: 376


Then, in the evening, I went to Lifetime to do the Gradual Build workout (5 min increments starting at 2.0% incline going up by two each time to 14.0%, then 'cooling down' at 9.0%). I think I have figured out why this workout is so very, very terrible. I have a few theories:

1) It's supposedly a sub-zone 1 workout. This should be easy. I huff and puff at the end. I told Hard Core Liz this. She says I am supposed to huff and puff at the end. NOT sub-zone 1 and NOT easy. I'm just sayin'... False advertising.

2) Typically when doing zone-based or interval workouts you have to do things that are hard and are not fun at all. But then, you get an interval that is better. In *this* particular workout, when the terrible increment in question is over, a harder one comes. So at 10.0% incline, you are conflicted. You *really* want the 5 minutes to be over. But then you think, 'Crud. When this is over I go to an incline of 12.0%.' What do you hope for--the clock to move slower or faster???? You tell me...

3) You 'cool down' at an incline of 9.0% and a speed of 3.5 mph. As I initially responded to HCL, '*THAT* is a cool down?!?!' She informed me that it is when you were just at an incline of 14.0%. Touché, HCL, touché...


And here are my stats:

Calories Burned: 393 (Treadmill)/ 301 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.33
Time: 40:00
Ending HR: 147 (recall, I ended at a 9.0% incline)


Comparing them to last week's (since the speed, total time and inclines were identical), I burned 24 fewer calories, BUT my ending HR was 10 bpm lower. So, all in all I feel like this is an improvement...I think.

Next workout: tomorrow with ABD! Always a treat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment