Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"What Did You Do to Deserve THAT?!?!"

Today was an ABD day and there was much laughter, but I am so tired, I cannot remember most of the funniness! So sad. But I got some for ya... You'll notice that the lifting begins with a leg drop set. Yes. After running a sub-10 minute mile half marathon AND participating in an indoor triathlon this past week, CLEARLY what I needed was a leg drop set. Thank YOU, Devon..

The lifting (all supersets):

Drop Set Seated Leg Press (210-200-190): 210 lbs, 6 reps-200 lbs, 6 reps-190 lbs, 6 reps; 5 sets
Standing SL Knee Extension: BW, 6 reps, 5 sets

SL Power Step: 180 lbs, 6 reps each leg, 5 sets
SL Deadlift: 70 lb BB; 6 reps each leg, 5 sets

Traveling Push-ups: BW, 6 pairs; 5 sets
SA DB Chest Press w/ Rotation: 25 lb DB, 6 reps each arm; 5 sets

Pull-ups: BW*, 6 reps, 5 sets (*ABD assisted)
AH Side Wood Choppers (Band): blue band, 6 reps; red band, 6 reps, 4 sets

Concentration Curls: 30 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets
Cable Triceps Kick Backs: 15 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets


A few notes. Leg drop sets after super-athletic weekend = MEAN TRAINER. Single leg power steps AND deadlifts (YES, deadlifts with ONE leg only...) = HORRIBLY MEAN TRAINER. I was doing the single leg power steps when another trainer, Seth (ATS--I have zero creativity right now and don't know him very well) laughed and asked: 'What did you do to deserve THAT?!!?' I was all: 'I know, right?!?! AND I ran a half marathon this weekend! Devon is the meanest trainer ever!' ATS and his client laughed. ABD was proud. Nice, ABD...

I didn't lose any weight this week. ABD is not concerned. I don't like it, but whatever--I did do a lot this weekend and I am approaching my goal. This all could factor in.

When doing pull-ups AGAIN this week I asked ABD what he had against the assisted pull-up machine. He said (mocking me) that I am *awesome* so there is no other option but just the bar with Devon assisting me. I told him that I figured he would be doing this so I shaved my legs *just* for him. He made a face and thanked me. I *then* told him that I think he does it so he can hug my legs. ::grin:: He implied that having my 'sweaty butt' in his face was not fun for him. ABD, I know what sweaty butt feels like...and I do not have it while lifting with you. While running? Yes... Not while lifting. :)

I left the gym and went to Holly2's house. She cooked me food on my diet (so sweet!) and even cut the cucumbers into palm tree shapes and cut-outs. I ::heart:: Holly2!!!! Lots and lots and lots...

Anyways. Next workout tomorrow: the base builder workout. I am tired and hope I have more energy tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment