Monday, February 8, 2010

Sole Sisters Run - 2/8/10

Well, it was a make-shift, snowed-in Sole Sisters run...but a run nonetheless! My road has *still* not seen a snow plow, but the amazing Amy came and got me--after I snow-shoed down my street to the main street through my neighborhood!

Everyone else either couldn't get out or had childrens to watch (we moved it to 10 am since we both could!), so it was just us.

We decided to flavor it up a bit. Instead of only running laps in the gym, we ran a lap in the gym, then ran upstairs to the Gathering Place, then across to the other stairs, then back down and back to the gym! We did either 3 or 4 full laps, then did laps in the gym for a bit. Then we did probably another 2 laps throughout the rest of the workout. We ran for about 35 minutes (after a 5 minute warm up walk/door-propping open session). Then for the rest of the hour we stretch and did some cross-training. Specifically:

Crunches: 30 reps (15 regular, 15 lever), 2 sets
Plank Jacks: 10 reps, 3 sets (I read about them in Glamour magazine. You get into a plank, then jump your legs out into a 'V' and back in.)
Squats: 30 reps (first 10-5 seconds down/up), second 10-3 seconds down/up, last 10-as fast as possible)
Lunges with balance: Across the length of the basketball court and back.


Amy rocks! I had an amazing time chit-chatting and exercising with her! She also picked me up, took my to the supermarket and drove me home! What a woman! :)

Next workout is supposed to be tomorrow with Devon, but we have another storm coming through, so I am thinking about just canceling now... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment