Saturday, February 27, 2010

Off Day Offerings: Choices

Today's rest day post is more of a reflection on a conversation I had this week:

There was a big feast at work on Thursday to say goodbye to people who are leaving. I did not eat one bite of it. I ate my pre-packed healthy lunch. I was very proud of myself. Alas, some of my co-workers were not as proud...You see there was a chili cook-off between Phil and Keith. In the past they had a wing cook-off and I was "off the diet" and participated. Phil was very upset that I would not try the chili. He made a very lengthy point that it was not "cheating on my diet" or "a slippery slope" for me to do this. I disagreed. I am on a very strict diet. I also know how I operate and know that if I am 100% on I can sustain it for longer, if I am nibbling here and there, I will inevitably cheat. I know myself.

Phil made the comment that I do not make my own choices. I whole-heartedly agreed and I am ok with that. As I told him, my choices made me 74 pounds heavier than I am now. I think that while I am losing weight, I need to be strict. Once in maintenance mode I can have a bite or two of chili...

No comments:

Post a Comment