Friday, February 26, 2010

A Friday Evening with Many Men...

Today was apparently gym party day. Some co-workers decided to join me for my horrifically boring cardio (assignment: Treadmill, 50 minutes, all zone 1). Keith, Phil and Eric came to the gym and Keith brought his adorable son. After the cardio, Keith and his son had to leave, but the rest of us went to the hot tub and pool for a little bit. It was nice and relaxing!

On my way out the door, I went to the LifeCafe to get a smoothie or something to refuel after working out and ABD was there! He was eating his dinner, which *clearly* meant he wanted me to sit down and join him and talk about our training for the better part of an hour!!! Clearly. He opened strong by looking me up and down (I was back into my work outfit, which I maintain is cute, but my hair was all a mess from working out and going to the pool) and told me I looked "raggedy". Nice, ABD. NICE. The conversation went EVERYWHERE including: my altered food plan for the next two days (due to the informal triathlon on Sunday), his overall strategy for me, what the internet says about skin elasticity, the gay fitness website I love to search for instructions on how to do exercises ABD assigns but has never shown me how to do, random side tangents about other trainers, my history of weight loss yo-yoing, my Coach purse, and many many more places. One of my favorite exchanges had to be when I told him that we needed to have a long talk about our communication. (Seriously, I discussed this with Amanda E. and she agreed). His face was priceless and then he asked: "Are we dating?" Love it. :) Nope, Devon, you aren't so lucky...

All in all I think the talk was good for me. It really bothers me that I don't know if he likes me. Unsure why. I even told him that I needed to be his favorite client and he asked why it mattered. I cannot tell you why...but it does. He told me why he chose to take me on even though apparently many other trainers told him not to (BURN!). First, Zak trapped him. He kind of did. I was there. It was well done. Second, he went into some long explanation about how trainers grow by taking on...different...clients--clients that may (hypothetically, of course) annoy you, are different than anyone you've worked with before, etc... So I am pretty sure that is NOT a compliment, but I choose to take it as one. :)

I had decided after our fight on Tuesday (which ABD remains to state was one-sided, I disagree) that ABD no longer deserved my fun. So he would get ABE (All Business Erin). But let's be honest, I am just not capable of that, so Plan B: ABE (All Bitter Erin). More fun for me, hopefully less fun for him. I told him about this and when I explained that I was going to withhold fun from him he got almost giddy and with a *huge* grin said, "You mean, you'll come to the session and *work* and then leave???!!?!" Backfire. Although, no matter what I threaten to do to him he always seems not to care. Your pokerface is strong, ABD. But I'll break you. It may take some time...but I will...

Tomorrow is a rest day! Next workout on Sunday with Rebecca: indoor sprint triathlon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment