Friday, February 12, 2010

ABD Spites Me...

Today was a lifting day. I emailed Devon...a few times...reminding him that I needed to have a lifting routine to *do* on said lifting day. Last night I even informed him that I may leave work at noon to lift--so I would need it sooner than later. At 10:45, still no email. So I *may* have emailed a panicky email telling him I *NEEDED* it and he was "making me nervous..."

He wrote back. With a mean and nasty lifting routine. To spite me. Here, you be the judge:

Lateral Lunges x 3s x 15r @ (hold a medicine or core ball in front of you and take a big step to the right. Bend your right knee and lower your butt towards the ground. Don't let your knee go past your toes and keep your left leg straight as you go down. Come back up and repeat on the other side. (I used a 10 lb ball)
Push-ups with one and medicine ball and one on the floor x 3s x 15r (see how many full push-ups you can get) (5 full pushups each set)
Seated Leg Curls Stages x 3s x 20r @ 45-55lbs (Lower your legs about a quarter of the way down and stop, count 3 Mississippi's, lower another quarter and repeat until your legs are as far as they will go. that counts as 1 rep (I did 55 lbs)
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns x 3s x 12r @ 60-70lbs (straight bar with your palms facing you) (I did 60 lbs)
Rear Delt Flyes x 3s x 15r @ (if you don't know what these are, there are 3 of these machines in row the CHEST row of machines. Sit facing the machine with the machine arms all the way back against the machine and the seat adjusted so the handles are inline with your shoulders. Your motion is the exact opposite of a chest fly. Your will have to test the weight to see what is heavy to you because the machines can vary quite a bit) (I did 40 lbs)
Long-Lever Stability Ball Crunches x 3s x 20r (hands above head)
Hanging Knee-ups x 3s x 15r (use the Roman Chair)
Alternating-Arm Dumbbell Biceps Curls x 3s x 15r @ 15-20lbs (I used 15 lb dumbbells)
Cable V-Bar Triceps Pushdowns x 3s x 20r @ 25-30lbs (there is a handle with black rubber tips thats shape like a V) (I did 27.5 lbs)


Pushups on a medicine ball?!?! I did it, but *nothing* about it felt natural. I don't even want to TALK about the Leg Curl Sets from you know where. Oh, the pain.

You may or may not have noticed that Devon gives me ranges and I get to choose the weight. For awhile I always chose the lowest weight. I am stepping it up...sometimes I do the middle OR the high weight. Big step for me. And on the Rear Delt Flys, I got to make up the weight! I picked 30 lbs and it was WAY easy, so I upped it to 40. Look at Erin, all growed up, pushing herself...

Also, my friend Lynn did her lifting routine simultaneously. Hard Core Liz is her trainer. As much as ABD's workout hurt, I still NEVER want to train with Liz. :)

Next workout: Sunday. Should be more lifting, but of course Devon hasn't given it to me yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment