Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNOMGsh! It's SNOWmageddon!

I shoveled today. A lot. And I am SOOOOO considering it a cardio workout. I shoveled for a combined total of 2 1/2 hours over 3 separate events. I got an excellent shoulder and back workout as well as cardio, I am sure.

Here are some pictures from 9am this morning, before I shoveled. The storm was about 2/3 of the way through at this point--in other words: it got worse.

This shows where my walkway *should* be as well as what my car looked like. It is the snow covered shape in the background:



This shows the same tree in my front yard (notice there is no visible trunk...) and another tree completely bent over from the weight of the snow!

I shoveled the walk, completely around the car, everything on TOP of the car (interestingly enough, I lived in NH for 20 years and have no recollection of needing to use a shovel to remove snow from my car...) AND the entire back deck. I wonder what the weight and volume of all that snow I moved was...

Next workout is a bit TBD. Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day. But I may do the resistance I am skipping today due to my exhaustion and pain. The one after that should be running with the girls on Monday morning, but I am not convinced we'll be out by then! After that, MAYBE Latin Fusion Monday night. For sure, I will be meeting with ABD Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment