Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I Think You're an EXCELLENT Trainer...I Just Don't Like You as a Person."

Hello! Today was a pathetically easy lifting day. As I told Anthony (previously referred to as "Jerkface Anthony"--I cannot hold a grudge), my lifting routine today was so easy, I was embarrassed to do it in front of all the men in Man-Land. While I was talking to Anthony, Devon came over to the personal training desk. I informed ABD that today, Anthony was my favorite. Devon didn't seem to care (shocker). I did tell Devon though that I think he is an excellent personal trainer, I just don't like him as a person. As you might have guessed, he took this as a compliment. Whatever makes you happy, ABD. (BTW, I really do like the guy, but I am not gonna tell him that...).

Another interesting exchange happened at the personal training desk. Amanda F. was finishing her session with Hard Core Liz and she mentioned that she spoke to Body-Builder David about me today. (Recall that BBD is the jerkface who I got into a verbal altercation with last month. Wow, reading this makes me feel like a Lifetime Fitness Personal Trainer Groupie...I kind of am...). Amanda said that he said he wanted to train me so he could "break me". Well, BBD was there and he claimed adamantly he never said that. Really?!? Why would Amanda make that up? Anyways, he explained what he claims he *did* say. I don't remember his exact wording but it was something to the effect of: I have shown incredible hard work and made significant progress and he thinks that I am one of the rarer clients at the gym who actually is serious about what I am doing and shows potential to reach my goals. He would be interested in training me to take me this last distance because he thinks I need someone to get me to slow down for 5 seconds (whatever that means...I think that means that I cut him off all the time while talking). He thinks of all the trainers he'd be the most likely to be able to do that. I said I thought Devon could do that and he agreed that Devon could probably also do it. When David left, Amanda confirmed that that is what he said only with many swear words interjected and he *did* use the phrase, "I want to break her."

I am deeply flattered. David seems to know his stuff and it made my day to hear that he sees me that way. I have worked hard and it is always nice when people notice! Also, as I told him AND Devon, who was within earshot: I don't break. But go ahead and try... ;)

The pansy lifting routine:

Walking Lunges x 2s x 20r
Step-Ups x 2s x 20r
Seated Row x 2s x 20r @ 30lbs
Seated Chest Press - Freemotion x 2s x 20r @ 25lbs
Cable Upright Rows x 2s x 20r @ 17.5lbs
Seated Shoulder Press x 2s x 20r @ 20lbs


I did ask ABD: why so pansy? My speculation was correct. He is winding my workouts down to let my body get ready for the indoor sprint triathlon I am doing on Sunday. I asked him if I would still lose weight this week. He said, Probably not! I said, DEVON! He rolled his eyes and pulled out the schpeel from Tuesday about my conflicting goals, blah blah blah. Whatever, the scale will show him on Tuesday...I hope...

Next workout (if you can call it that): tomorrow, Treadmill for 50 minutes all zone 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment