Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ain't No Party Like a Fat Burning Dance Party!!!

I learned something today. My gym membership is invaluable. I had a simple task today: do a simple workout DVD in the privacy of my own home. And it was the bane of my existence all day. I just did *not* want to do it. But I am a workout rock star/maniac/machine/inspirer of the facebook and blogger nations, so I had to do it. And I did.

I did The Crunch's Fat Burning Dance Party! It has 6 different routines, a warm up and a cool down. The six routines are broken into 3 dance genres, 2 routines per genre. You begin with the 'sometimes sexy' Latin Dance Party, then 'get funk-ay' in the Funk Dance Party and wrap it up by 'going retro' in the Retro Dance Party. I feel the need to caveat all of this with the fact that I have no rhythm or skillz. But I do have heart...

I wore my heart rate monitor because I was curious how the workout stacked up to spending the same amount of time on the treadmill. I noticed a lot of the dance party was spent in high zone 2, zone 3 and even dipped into zone 4 a few times. The majority was definitely zone 3. Here are my stats:

Calories Burned: 391
Total Time: 41:30 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 149

It seems to be right on track with my treadmill workouts. Sweet! If I am stuck home tomorrow, I will do the other dance DVD I own: Dance Off the Inches: Hip-Hop Party. It is led by the same girl, Jennifer Galardi. I really like her. Although I have never done this one before. I will wear the HR monitor to compare...

No comments:

Post a Comment