Thursday, February 4, 2010

"NO LIMITS!!!"

Yes, that was the mantra today for me and Amy in the "No Limits Cardio" class. It was in-tense. But I digress. Let's begin at the beginning.

Amy came to the gym with me today!!!! I *love* it when friends work out with me! She was a trooper and participated in my resistance training assigned by ABD and then took the No Limits Cardio class with me (her idea...DEFINITELY not mine). As always, she was impressed with the massiveness that is Lifetime Fitness. She thought her lowly Y self would not be accepted at such a Globogym-esque location, but she held her own *quite* well.

First, the resistance. Devon took it easy on me because he knew about the class:

Alternating Leg Seated Leg Extensions x 2s x 15r each leg @ 40-50lbs (I did 45 lbs)
Inclined Dumbbell Chest Flyes x 2s x 15r @ 15-20lbs (I did 15 lbs)
Stiff-Leg Barbell Deadlift x 2s x 15r @ 60-70lbs (I did 70 lbs)
Single Arm Bent-over Dumbbell Row x 2s x 15r @ 30lbs (I did 25 lbs b/c there was only one 30 lb dumbbell)
Alternating Arm Dumbbell Front Raises x 2s x 15r @ 10-15lbs (I did 10 lbs)
Hyperextentions x 2s x 15r
Seated Machine Biceps Curls x 2s x 12r @ 30-40lbs (I did 30 lbs)
Alternating Arm Lying Stability Ball Dumbbell Triceps Extension x 2s x 15r @ 15lbs (I did 12.5 lbs b/c there were no 15 lb dumbbells)


I always bring my iPhone and refer to ABD's email for the workout. I have done this for quite some time and NEVER had a problem. Well, Amy must distract me because I didn't click the button on my phone to turn the screen off and my hand or something managed to move the email to some folder. I panicked. Amy calmed me down. We found it in SPAM. Phew. I then did it...AGAIN. This time it went to the trash. But we found it...again...after some additional panicking. However, at this point my phone decided to stop connecting to the gmail server and simply NOT download the actual message. More panicking. Next, an iPhone reboot. Phew...worked again. What a pain! But we did it!

Ok. We then had 10 minutes before class so we took a brief walking tour of the gym, a good way to loosen up the muscles we just used to lift with before No Limits Cardio. The class was a series of stations that we rotated through...after a "warm-up". I put that in quotation marks because it kicked my butt. THE WARM-UP kicked my butt. It involved many jumping jacks, running in circles, then high knee running in circles, then more running in circles, more high knees, down and up stairs, running, down and up stairs...you get the idea. The stations were:

Jump Rope
Bosu Squats
Bosu Mountain Climbers
Stairs (one stair at a time down, two at a time up)
Stability Ball Lower Back exercises
Stability Ball Chest Press
Quick Steps on a Step
Medicine Ball Squats (this involves throwing a ball up like shooting a basket and catching it while squatting)
Stability Ball Lifts (unknown what they are called--hold one weight with both hands above your head and raise it vertical, then back down, works your triceps for sure)


We did that circuit three times. The first two times we did each station for 1 minute (which is a trainer's one minute--i.e. sometimes longer). The third time we did each for 30 seconds. We finished up with some ab exercises. They were intense as well. I felt happy though because some of the guys had to take breaks in the middle of them and I didn't! And these were big, beefy men. :)

Anyways! I looked tired when I was done...Very sweaty, very flushed. So Amy took a picture for me to email to ABD telling him that *he* has never pushed me this hard. Probably a bad idea to do...but I cannot resist. Here it is:


Next workout tomorrow, bright and early! I want to get it in before work to avoid the snow craziness after work! Also, Lifetime is closing at 4pm tomorrow due to the snow!!! AND they are closed all day Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment