Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Actually Made it to the Gym Today!

After a rousing few games of Scene It - Twilight Edition Deluxe and the Twilight Board Game with Sean (Who looks amazing! Great job on your workouts/dieting!!!), Amanda F. and Jess, I actually made it over to the gym! I moved my typical 5pm ABD appointment up to 2pm since I HAD NO WORK TODAY and the snow was supposed to start falling at noon. It actually started around 4:30pm from what I can tell (I walked into the supermarket to clear skies and walked out to a blizzard...awesome!).

In true ABD-form, he hurt me. But in a good way! We spend most of the time on the Smith Machine. If you don't know what that is, it is basically a cage-like device that has a bar within a chamber so it can only move up and down. It helps you do higher weights without worrying as much about balance. The exercises still hurt, in case you were wondering. Last week I complained loudly during the entire time spent on the Smith Machine (which was only squats). The bar really hurts my neck when I am squatting. I told this to Devon. He asked if my back hurt. I said no. He said: Good, keep going, I don't care if your neck hurts. Thanks... I can only speculate that he did this to me for some sort of subtle trainer payback for my whining. But this is only a guess...

What we did today:

BB Box Squats (Slow ↓, Fast ↑): 115 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
BB Bench Press (Speed): 75 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
BB Lunges (Pulse): 75 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Horizontal Pull Ups: BW, 15 reps, 3 sets
Seated Military Press: 65 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets (I am POSITIVE we did 90 lbs. We even discussed it while I was doing it, but he wrote 65 on the sheet...it was totally 90. It was the bar (15 lbs) plus two 20 lb weights on each side...90 lbs. QED.)
Decline Bench Crunches: BW, 10 reps, 2 sets


Then I met Jess and Amanda F. who were treadmilling this whole time. We went to the step-mills for 20 minutes. I did 20 minutes at level 4. Bleck. But I did it because I love Jess and Amanda F. Then we hung out in the LifeCafe! Superfun!!!!

All in all, great to get out of the house and spend time with good friends!

Next workout: tomorrow, but I'll be snowed in. So I am doing a workout DVD. Probably my Fat Burning Dance Party...Yup, it *is* awesome... The feelings of jealousy you are currently experiencing are completely normal. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment