Thursday, February 18, 2010

Preparation for Monday & Work Friends!

Today I went to the 6pm Latin Fusion class. My motivation for going was three-fold. Allow me to elaborate:

1) I like Latin Fusion. And even though *none* of my friends would go with me, I am secure enough in my lack of rhythm to rock it alone.

2) I have convinced two work friends to come to Latin Fusion with me next Monday night. Due to the aforementioned lack of rhythm, I thought a practice session might mitigate my embarrassment level.

and

3) I texted AND that I was now able to work out today (I previously wasn't) and said I could do Latin Fusion or make up some cardio. ABD emailed me (and I quote:) "Yeah, I don't know that I trust you to "make up" your own workout..." then proceeded to give me a crazy workout of 50 minutes on the elliptical all in zones 3 & 4 *or* Latin Fusion. Ok, Devon...Latin Fusion it is.


The Monday teacher, Tina, filled in for the Thursday teacher, Stephanie, today. I really liked the first class I took with Stephanie. Tina is different. Not bad different, but different. She moves a lot faster through the moves. Having said that I was able to keep up mostly. Still, this does not bode well for Monday--although I think it is safe to say that the blog post will be amazing...

After Latin Fusion I was greeted by my work friends, Phil and Keith! I told them if they were there when I got out of class I'd play basketball with them. Well...the court was crowded and we stood around and talked for awhile. I shot two baskets (actually made one of them...::grin::). At this point I convinced them to go up to the cardio machines. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill while chit-chatting.

Next workout tomorrow: lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment