Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day One of the New Diet

So, I looked at the new diet and feared it for its strict-ocity. But in practice, it is quite reasonable. Huh. Who knew HCL could be reasonable? ;) I have still only tried DAY 1. There is a DAY 2 for me to alternate back and forth between. I will let you know about Day 2 tomorrow.

Recall Day 1:

Meal #1: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites
Meal #2: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup berries
Meal #3: 4 oz lean meat, small sweet potato, veggies
Meal #4: FastFuel shake
Meal #5: 4 oz lean meat, veggies, small salad with vinaigrette dressing
Meal #6: omelette with 5 egg whites and peppers/onions


My thoughts (in chronological order):

8:00 am: Mmmm, I love oatmeal. Huh. I like it better with brown sugar on it. But it's doable. (I ate hard-boiled egg white since I had exactly 4 leftover from the old diet plan--not sure what 4 scrambled egg whites will taste like...I suppose I could do hard-boiled more if I wanted to...)

10:00 am: Mmm, cottage cheese! Oh crud. I forgot to take the blueberries out of the freezer (I froze them in an effort to make them last)! They are hard as little tiny blue rocks. I'l microwave them? Hmm...15 seconds. *DING!* Still frozen. 20 more seconds. *DING!* Ruh-roh...one or two are leaking. Wait! These are delicious warm! They are like blueberry pie! And the semi-frozen ones are tasty too!!!!! Maybe I'll do this on purpose from now on!!!

12:00 pm: Tuna is yummy! Baked sweet potato? Surprisingly delicious! I might prefer this to ordinary baked potatoes. Who knew?!?!? Zucchini...meh. I really need more vegetables that aren't leafy greens that I like...

2:00 pm: Oh, Fastfuel shake...I am starting to actually enjoy you.

4:00 pm: Yummy chicken, yummy salad with yummy salad dressing (Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette) and yummy green beans! WIN!

7:00 pm: How does one make an egg white omelette? (At this point, I checked the internet. Form what I could tell you make it the same as a regular omelette but add a Tbsp of water instead of milk. Ok. I made an egg scramble because I am too impatient of a chef to make an omelette--I need to contstantly be moving the eggs around, scared they will burn. I left the onions out because I am not a huge fan.) Wow, also surprisingly tasty. (I've included a photo for your viewing enjoyment)




So, I survived! Stay tuned for tomorrow's play-by-play. (<--intentional lame superbowl pun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment