Thursday, February 11, 2010

Amazing Run with Amy!!!!!

Wow! Today I blew myself away! If that is even possible. Amy is a rock star. As am I.

We decided to get an extra run in since we have been sitting on our bums for most of the day (well, at least I had). Amy came and got me again (love that girl!) and we went to the church. We warmed up for 5 minutes then began our laps. About 10 minutes into the run Amy suggested a stair lap. Then again about 20 minutes in. At 30 minutes in, I suggested one (to appease my mild OCD). At 38 minutes I told her we had 2 more minutes til 40. We usually only run for 30. She said: wanna go for 45? I said YES. We decided to end with a stair lap, so at 43 minutes, we did a stair lap. We got back to the gym with a little over a minute so did a lap then pushed it for the final 30 seconds! Yes, you read this correctly, we:

1) ran for 45 minutes straight;
2) ran at a fairly quick pace for us;
3) ran 4 stair laps interspersed; and
4) pushed the end.


We. ROCK!!! We then walked a cool down of 7 minutes 52 seconds. At this point we spent 18 minutes 23 seconds stretching and doing the following strength exercises:

Lunges across the length of the court and back holding an object (a basketball for me, a plastic bucket for Amy--love Church exercise equipment...) in front of us and rotating to the side while lunged.
Crunches: 2 sets, 10 reps, each rep was a crunch left, crunch middle and a crunch right.
Lower Abs: 2 sets, 15 reps, lifted legs and used lower abdomen to lift butt off the ground and back down.
Side Crunches: twisted lower body to one side, 15 crunches, repeat other side.


I am so incredibly impressed with me and Amy today. We *must* have run more than a 5K which is awesome because I ahve not done that since 2006!!!! YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment