Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holly & Erin: The Dancing Queens

Tonight Holly Holly and I went to No Limits Cardio! Also, my friend Art joined us. We were going to lift beforehand but my trainer, ::cough, cough::ABD::cough::, didn't send me a lifting routine. when I texted him he gave me some lame excuse about his car breaking down. I told him I would just do the class. I also told him that this is why he should not wait until the last minute to write my workouts. And begged him not to break my legs. I then blamed him for me not lifting. :) He sent the following text response:

"Yeah, I wanted to miss out on making money today at work while looking oh so cool stranded by the side of the road in my shiny brokendown sports car all in an effort to rob one Miss Erin of her workout. Broken legs are coming with drop set lunges for dessert."


::gulp:: I like the new nickname. *Miss* Erin. I could get used to that...

The class was good. It was a bit easier than previous offerings. The instructor was filling in and I felt like we got more breaks. It was still a good workout. The sweat certainly poured AND during the bosu burpees, I hit myself in the face with the bosu ball...so I guess I was fatigued... ::grin::

She had us do a lot of track and field type warm-ups across the room. We were supposed to go in rows of 5, but it didn't always turn out like that. For the 'karaokes' (when you cross the room sideways putting one leg in front of the other, then the other behind...your hips rotate a lot...), somehow only Holly and I were in a 'row'. Apparently, we were karaoking quite daintily because the instructors said (in the micrphone): "Oooo...Dancing Ladies!!!" That's me: graceful.

Afterward we all went to the hot tub. It felt great! I should definitely do that more often!

Next workout: Saturday. Supposed to run 7, but will elliptical instead. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment