Sunday, July 11, 2010

Off Day Offerings: Holly^2 and Heel Update

Hello!

Today was an off-day, but I got lots of walking/standing time cheering Awesome Holly Holly on at her (would-be) triathlon! AHH was awesomely amazing and kicked the (last minute change) duathlon's butt!!!! A duathlon is Run-Bike-Run (vs the triathlon which is Swim-Bike-Run). The river was too high and bacteria-y due to the rain Saturday, so the race organizers made the call. The best poster we made (AHH came up with it...): "Du or Not Du. There is No Tri." LOVE. IT. We also had: "This is Du-able!" and "Tri Hard, Holly!" with the 'Tri' X-ed out and a "Du" inserted. :) Holly is my hero.

As for my heel, I did the ice plan given to me by the sports doctor--20 minutes on, 20 minutes off--and bought heel cups. Tomorrow...I will attempt to run!!! The marathon training plan says 3 miles, so that is how far I will attempt to go! The doctor said I cannot hurt it worse by running through the pain, so unless it is unbearable, I'm doing it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment