Friday, July 9, 2010

Doctor. Elliptical. ABD.

Went to the sports medicine doctor today! Recall that I went to the doctor recommended by HCL. I waited like 10 days for this appointment. And...she did not see me. A man doctor did. I told him he'd better be as good as Dr. Rooks because she came highly recommended. He laughed and said that he should be because she taught him everything he knows. Alrighty... My pain is not tendinitis! It hurts on the bone part apparently. He thinks that I may have an extra bone in my right heel. They took an xray to see. I await the results. If it's not that it may be the fit of the shoes and the amount of padding on the heel. He recommends heel cups. I will get some. Also, he said that running on it is ok even if it hurts, but he wants me to run pain-free. Ok. So I have a plan to begin moving forward. With any luck I will try a three-mile run with heel cups next week.

I then went to the gym to elliptical for 2 hours and 24 minutes. I was supposed to run 12 miles, so at a 12-minute mile pace...you do the math...well, you don't have to because I did it for you already... AHH joined me for the first 45 minutes or so. The rest of it was not so bad alone. I brought an arsenal of entertainment: Runner's World, Women's Health and the Sermon Series outlines I will be doing in late July/August at youth group. ABD came and chatted with me for the last 30 minutes or so. We talked about his time in his ethics class and on the debate team. NERD. But it was actually quite fascinating. I went 15.59 miles at level 3.

Then Devon and I finished our conversation in his office for awhile. I am frustrated that I have gained back so much weight. I told him that we talk about it and talk about it but nothing seems to be working. He thinks it is as simple as him telling me to "Eat Right." I told him that it isn't that easy. He said that he has done all he can--I need to do the work. I hear him, but...I feel like it's not working. Anyways...I appreciate ABD for listening to me all the time. I can only do my best to make the times when I am not whiny quite entertaining for him. :)

Tomorrow I go to Philadelphia to cheer AHH on in her triathlon on Sunday. So there will be no post tomorrow. Sadness, I know. My next workout will be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment