Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"That Was EXTRA-Awesome!!!"

I had a lifting session with ABD today! It had been THREE weeks!!! I know...I've missed it just as much as you have...

I think Devon missed it too...because he brought it today. And, man, did it hurt!!! Here's the lifting:

Seated Leg Extensions (4-2-2 tempo): 85 lbs, 15 reps; 90 lbs, 15 reps; 95 lbs, 15 reps
Standing Leg Curls: 30 lbs, 12 reps (each leg), 4 sets
Death Lunges: BW, 3 trips across the gym and back with no rest periods
Horizontal Body Rows: BW, 10 reps, 4 sets
Flat BB Press: 135 lbs, 5 reps, 5 sets
Standing Cable Lat Pulldown: 50 lbs, 10 reps; 60 lbs, 10 reps, 2 sets; 70 lbs, 10 reps
Standing Shoulder Press: 45 lbs, 20 reps, 4 sets


Allow me to explain just how awful some of these things were.

The 4-2-2 tempo on the seated leg extensions means that I hold it up for 2 seconds, then let it down slowly over 4 seconds. (Yes, that does not make sense with the '4-2-2' I don't get it either...but that's what the man told me to do and it's what I did...) Then repeat immediately for a total of 15 times. Now, ONE rep of the leg extension typically is unpleasant...and the end of the FIRST set typically hurts. That's NORMAL pace...not this slow stuff. This HURT. But I did it like a champion! :)

The 'death lunges' weren't actually too bad. Another length of the gym and back may have done me in, but the 3 was doable.

The flat barbell press was a little different--Devon lifted the bar up and I had to ease it down over 10 seconds., at which point he lifted it again.

The standing shoulder press was just a LOT of reps per set. The last set was rough! Devon didn't think I was lowering my arms far enough so he held his hands out for my elbows to touch. The last 6 reps I could barely lift it! Devon was doing most of the work and laughing. I insisted on doing the last two sets myself and Devon just laughed at how pitiful I was and exclaimed: "That was EXTRA-awesome!!!" Glad to make your evening, D-Money... :)

Ugh! Anyways. I am attempting to recuperate now. I like that this session was tough. I feel like I am getting my money's worth! And I feel big, bad and tough! Oh! And terrible news! LCS is moving!!! As I told him, in front of ABD and HCL (who thoroughly enjoyed it): "Seth, I hear you are moving. ::sigh:: It's a shame you and I will never be..." ::wink::

As for the next workout: I'm icing my heel like the doctor said and hope to run again tomorrow! Marathon training says 6 miles. I am going to shoot for 4 and if I feel up to it continue...if I don't, I will switch to the elliptical at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment