Monday, July 19, 2010

Update from Daytona Beach #1

After a lovely 16 hour (give or take) RV ride (where I got to sleep in a bed!!!), we made it to Daytona Beach! 12 out of our 17 rooms were available for use. You guessed it, mine was one of the ones that wasn't. :( And believe you me, I was smelling GOOOOOD after the long ride.

So, I did what any sensible person would do: slapped some deodorant and running clothes on and hit the hotel gym (which--shocker!--does contain free weights and machines). I didn't have a key yet so I asked a group of teens (church teens have overrun the Hilton...it's madness) to let me in. They did. As they were opening the door, one of the remarked on the sign that said you had to be 16 to go in alone. I told them I'd be their responsible adult (HA!). After all, I told them, I am 29. This one boy exclaimed (voice raised): NO WAY! DON'T LIE AT CHURCH CAMP! YOU'RE ONLY 20!!!!

God bless him. ::very large grin::

Per the marathon training program I went 3 miles. I did the first mile at 2.0%, the second at 1.0% and the final mile at 0.0%. I started off at 5 mph, bumped it up to 5.5 mph for mile 2 and increased incrementally up to 7 mph for the last mile. It feels good to get some speed back, even if just for a little bit! I did the 3 miles in 33:17.

Next workout, lifting tomorrow! I texted Devon my recon of the weight room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment